Good plans-built Light Sport Aircraft

Old August 17th 04, 08:30 PM
Ron Butterfield

This looks like it might fit your requirements:
http://members.shaw.ca/gnat/

Cost and performance look good.

I haven't seen any publicly posted progress for several months, but
that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. As far as I know, the prototype
is not yet finished.

Regards,
RonB
Old August 19th 04, 12:28 AM
Lou Parker

(Ron Butterfield) wrote in message . com...
This looks like it might fit your requirements:
http://members.shaw.ca/gnat/

Cost and performance look good.

I haven't seen any publicly posted progress for several months, but
that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. As far as I know, the prototype
is not yet finished.

Regards,
RonB

Just for my 2 cents. I didn't know that you could take the family up
on a sport pilot license. Also most everything someone has mentioned
is a single seat. Here are some simple plans.
http://www.ragwingaircraftdesigns.com/home.php

Old August 19th 04, 02:07 AM
RobertR237

Just for my 2 cents. I didn't know that you could take the family up
on a sport pilot license. Also most everything someone has mentioned
is a single seat. Here are some simple plans.
http://www.ragwingaircraftdesigns.com/home.php

Depends on how you qualify taking your family up on the sport pilot license.
The limit on the sport pilot license and aircraft is a two (2) place aircraft.
That would imply that you could carry one passenger. As long as your family
consists of one other member, you could take your family up on the sport pilot
license. If your family consists of more than one member, you can still take
your family up but only one at a time.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old August 19th 04, 05:50 PM
W.P. Dixon

Hey,
I have been looking at the sport pilot license as well. As far as a
plane goes I think I am going to build the Hummel Ultra-Cruiser Plus from
Hummel Aviation. I like the metal construction. Not to mention it's a good
looking little plane.
"Rob Schneider" wrote in message
om...
osite (RobertR237) wrote in message

Depends on how you qualify taking your family up on the sport pilot

license.

Actually, the family includes two kids (currently 8 and 4). I'm
leaning towards a single seater, as I want to use it to get a lot of
experience before I even think about taking the family up. Long term
I want a PPL and perhaps to build a four place, but for now I'm just
hoping to get a Sport Pilot license and have something to putt around
in.

One of the local FBO's (in Tea, South Dakota) has already bought a
plane for use as a trainer, and they are working through all the
insurance matters, etc. and are trying to figure out exactly what
they'll need to do as far as instructors. I'll find out more when I
visit the EAA chapter this weekend. It's their monthly pancake feed
(open to the public), and as fate has it somebody from the FAA will be
there to talk about Sport Pilot.

From the sounds of it, the chapter has quite a few metal and a couple
of glass projects going on out there, and wood seems to be in the
minority. I'll find out more this weekend.

Thank you all for your suggestions. There are a lot of very nice
designs out there. I'm kind of taken by the Jodel (D-9 or Falconar's
F9 or F11E), and will be looking over some info on the CA-61 Mini Ace
as soon as it arrives in the mail.

Anybody have any experiece with the Mini Ace or the Jodel designs?

Rob