Last Call for the Pre-OSH Fly-In Pool Party!

Old July 22nd 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Last Call for the Pre-OSH Fly-In Pool Party!

Tomorrow is our 4th Annual Pre-Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party! Stop in any
time throughout the day for free cold beverages -- or stop in around
supper time for free food, pop, beer, wine and hangar flying, all
served at poolside!

Whe Alexis Park Inn & Suites, next to Rwy 25 in Iowa City, IA (KIOW)
When: Saturday Night
Time: Any time for beverages, after 5 for food

The weather is clearing out nicely (we are housing a whole slew of
OSH-bound pilots tonight who were stopped short by the rain and storms
along the Mississippi River), and it promises to be a GORGEOUS day
tomorrow, with clear skies, lower humidity, and nice, mid-80s
temperatures!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 22nd 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

I even drove to the airport just to make sure our plane was gone... yep...
it's gone... so we won't be there. Ramp at STE is full of Marion Jayne Air
Race airplanes.
See you Wednesday. I'll try to call and get your location so I can post it
for Rec.party goers.
Jim

oups.com...

Old July 22nd 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Adams[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Time: Any time for beverages, after 5 for food

Hi Jay. We're on our way, but not sure how early we'll get there - we're looking at about 7.5 hours of flying
plus 2 hours time difference, so it will be a long day. I'm sure we'll be thirsty be the time we get there!

Mike
Old July 22nd 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Hi Jay. We're on our way, but not sure how early we'll get there - we're looking at about 7.5 hours of flying
plus 2 hours time difference, so it will be a long day. I'm sure we'll be thirsty be the time we get there!

Well, Mike -- your suite is ready (we're sold out), the micro-brewed
beer is ordered, and the weather is looking might fine! (Lower
humidity and temps -- thank God!)

Tonight we're jammed with pilots who got stuck here trying to get
farther east, thanks to the storms over along the Mississippi. We've
got a slew of RV pilots, an Ercoupe, a Navion (they, of course, know
Ron & Margy Natalie), a Citabria, and other various and sundry Spam
Cans represented at the inn tonight!

I don't have a clue how we're going to get all of them to the airport
first thing tomorrow morning. At one point yesterday I had my
8-passenger courtesy van, my Subaru Outback, and my Mustang convertible
all pressed into duty as "courtesy vehicles"...!

Ah, well -- at least without Jim Weir coming tomorrow, I won't have to
figure out how to smuggle the "Mighty Grape" out onto the ramp, and
pump mogas into his plane right in front of the FBO windows...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 22nd 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flyingmonk[_1_]

Jay Honeck wrote:
[...]

Man, Jay... Next year come hell or high water, I'm coming.

Monk

Old July 22nd 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
"Jim Burns" wrote:

Ramp at STE is full of Marion Jayne Air Race airplanes.

They have a race for marijuana (aka: mary jane) smugglers at your
airport? :-))
Old July 22nd 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

http://www.us-airrace.org/