First-hand video of a BRS deployment.

Old February 16th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Scott[_1_]

Default First-hand video of a BRS deployment.

How do you know? Have you left your keyboard long enough to go get a
cup of coffee at an internet cafe or anywhere else with a computer that
is NOT on your home network and try to access the site?

Mxsmanic wrote:

Scott writes:

Who's computer is it then? Maybe they need to have it checked.

I meant that the problem is not at my end.

Old February 16th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Scott[_1_]

OK I'll bite. I will answer each of your questions below (where you
wrote your questions)

Mxsmanic wrote:

Scott writes:

Good one.

I don't consider a loss of civil liberties due to cowardice to be good.

This one I can't answer. How are any loss of liberties atrributable to
cowardice of the USAF as you claim? Maybe you mean the loss of
liberties because of terrorist attacks and the knee jerk reactions that
ensue to "protect lives"? With that, I would agree that it is not good
to exchange liberties for security. But, that's just how I feel.

How many French are in any sort of armed conflict (right or
wrong) around the world?

I don't know. How is that relevant?

Cowards would not be in armed conflicts, therefore if the French are not
in armed conflicts, they themselves could be called cowards. Air Force
folks are in armed conflicts, so how would you consider them cowards?

I wouldn't consider anyone in the military as being a coward, U.S.
or otherwise.

I was talking about the civilian population.

So why do you say the Air Force is cowardly for not letting YOU see
their site? They are military, not civilian. Now it sounds like you
are squirming to change your argument.

Old February 16th 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Scott writes:

So where do you get updates on domain names from?

Since I have a nameserver, the updates come directly from the authoritative
name servers for each domain, in real time.

Without that, your packets should go to some default server somewhere.

They don't go anywhere if the DNS cannot resolve the name.

Maybe the problem lies with THAT server, wherever it is.

I can't reach the servers with direct IP addressing, either.

Do you have a router running on your system with any sort of firewall?

Yes. But there is nothing in the firewall that says "exclude Air Force
traffic."

Old February 16th 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Scott writes:

I'm not sure you're getting what I'm saying...maybe losing it in the
translation somewhere. I can get Army, Marines, Navy AND Air Force
sites. None are blocked here.

Where is "here"?

Others in countries outside of the U.S.
can get the Air Force site. Why are you the only one that has chimed in
and said it can't be seen?

Maybe I'm the only one trying from a region that frightens the Air Force.

Old February 16th 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Scott writes:

How do you know? Have you left your keyboard long enough to go get a
cup of coffee at an internet cafe or anywhere else with a computer that
is NOT on your home network and try to access the site?

I've used computers at other locations, and they have the same problem.

Old February 16th 07, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Scott writes:

This one I can't answer. How are any loss of liberties atrributable to
cowardice of the USAF as you claim?

That's not what I claimed. The loss of civil liberties is attributable to
cowardice in the population in general.

Maybe you mean the loss of
liberties because of terrorist attacks and the knee jerk reactions that
ensue to "protect lives"?

In part, yes.

With that, I would agree that it is not good
to exchange liberties for security. But, that's just how I feel.

That's how the founders of the country felt, too, as well as a couple of
million people who fought to protect those liberties.

Cowards would not be in armed conflicts ...

Wise men wouldn't be in armed conflicts, either.

... therefore if the French are not
in armed conflicts, they themselves could be called cowards.

So anyone who isn't violent and fighting is a coward?

Air Force
folks are in armed conflicts, so how would you consider them cowards?

They don't let people visit their Web sites. They must be afraid of
something.

So why do you say the Air Force is cowardly for not letting YOU see
their site?

Because I don't see any other reason for blocking it.

Old February 16th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Scott[_1_]

I understand that. But you don't have a range of IP addresses blocked
in which the USAF site might be in do you?

Old February 16th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Scott[_1_]

Oops, sorry...thought I'd made that clear in previous posts..."Here" is
the USA.

What would it be from your region that frightens the Air Force? Not
sure I'm making the connection to what you are trying to say.

Old February 16th 07, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Scott[_1_]

OK, now we're getting somewhere. The other computers are not on your
network, either at your home or using the same ISP?

Old February 16th 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Scott writes:

What would it be from your region that frightens the Air Force?

I don't know; you tell me.