U.S. Navy 'Top Gun' Pilot Questions 9/11

Old September 8th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default U.S. Navy 'Top Gun' Pilot Questions 9/11

"george" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 8, 8:00 am, Bob Moore wrote:
Orval Fairbairn wrote

A retired Navy guy, then commercial airline pilot and only 6,000
hours?

I read it as 23,00 hours.

I'd suggest the onset of senile dementia and deference to
unprovenanced authority

Agreed.

I notice there's no mention of this guy, spending that last several years of
his career as an airborne bus driver (and not possibly craving some EOL
attention), having any training/experience as an accident investigator. Even
an accident investigator would have a lot added to his workload trying to
decipher the actions of a suicidal "pilot".

Old September 8th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

Default Way Effing OT - U.S. Navy 'Top Gun' Pilot Questions his sanity

In article . com,
Paul kgyy wrote:

On Sep 7, 6:06 pm, "Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way
d0t com wrote:
"Morgans" wrote in message

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrote

Are the drug stores running low on these guy's meds or is it just because
we are close to 9/11/07?

Hey, I ran into a nutcase like this guy, a couple weeks ago while waiting
for an oil change. They really believe all this stuff.

The sad thing is, that there are meds that could make their lives close to
normal. They won't see anyone about them, because they don't think
anything is wrong with them; it is the rest of the world.

My nutcase is of the opinion that there never were any moon landings,
also.

I had always heard about people like that, and now I have met one. Wow.
Wow.

Hey! I work with that guy!!!

Other than some strange ideas like that (and ghosts, and perpetual
motion...), he seems to be fairly bright and does good work.

Go figure.

Well, there's an old joke about a guy who had a flat tire going past
the asylum, pulled the wheel off and accidentally kicked the nuts into
the storm drain. While he was cussing himself out for being so
stupid, one of the inmates said, "Just take one nut off each of the
other wheels and you can secure it well enough to get to the service
station." Driver says, "Hey that's pretty smart - how come you're in
this place?" Inmate: "Well, I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid".

But -- the "911 Truthers" happen to be BOTH crazy AND stupid!
Old September 8th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com wrote in message

Hey! I work with that guy!!!

Other than some strange ideas like that (and ghosts, and perpetual
motion...), he seems to be fairly bright and does good work.

Go figure.

But I do wonder if this "Ralph Kolstad" really even exists and/or actually
said what he is alleged to have said...

I suspect you're right and this Kolstad is like those "combat veterans" that
testified for various anti-war groups, only to be found to have never been
outside the US or never even have served in the military in any capacity.

Old September 8th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
James Sleeman

Default OT: U.S. Navy 'Top Gun' Pilot Questions 9/11

On Sep 8, 8:53 am, "Morgans" wrote:
Hey, I ran into a nutcase like this guy, a couple weeks ago while waiting
for an oil change. They really believe all this stuff.

Almost as bad as people who believe everything they are told by the
officials/media.

Most the stuff conspiracy theorists spout is gibberish, but people
should be careful to dismiss *everything*, because at some point, they
probably hit on a few pertinant holes in the official record of
things.

Old September 8th 07, 11:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 19:22:15 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

Sounds like Commander Kolstad can't differentiate between was he WOULDN'T do
and what he COULD do.

Or shouldn't. Does a suicide hijacker care if he overstresses an
airframe?
Old September 9th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

wrote:

Sounds like Commander Kolstad can't differentiate between was he WOULDN'T
do
and what he COULD do.

Or shouldn't. Does a suicide hijacker care if he overstresses an
airframe?

I'm ten knots over Vmo...Allah be praised!!

Old September 9th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Richard Riley wrote in
:

I just read the transcript of Osama's new video.

HE seems pretty sure that he did it.

According to the conspiracy theorists, Osama is a CIA Operative.