contact terminology?

Old September 11th 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Viperdoc[_5_]

Default contact terminology?

Neither the principle nor the turning-on of a TCAS system is particularly
difficult to understand. At least I do not find them so; perhaps they
might
be challenging for some. If it were widely difficult to understand and
use,
however, it wouldn't be very useful.

How often have you used TCAS or any other traffic warning system?

Old September 11th 08, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jon

On Sep 11, 6:08*am, Michael Huber wrote:
Sam Spade wrote:
The guy just plain ****es me off.

If you want to ignore him, ignore him. If you want to argue his points,
argue his points. But blanket ad hominem attacks are IMO neither
constructive nor conducive to a pleasant atmosphere in this newsgroup.
Furthermore, at least for me, it makes it harder ignore MXS if I choose to
do so because while he is in fact in my killfile, you aren't, and I see
your replies to his posts.

So please, in the interest of an improved SNR here, just ignore him if you
don't want to argue with him.

Agreed.

There should be more than enough history built up at this point that
anyone can find, to realize that there's no value being added. New
readers that don't do due diligence on this (or any) group get what
they deserve by jumping into the deep end. The vets already understand
the game of self-inflation being played, so why provide a right hand
for rosey to use?
Old September 11th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steve Foley

"Michael Huber" wrote in message
Sam Spade wrote:

The guy just plain ****es me off.

So please, in the interest of an improved SNR here, just ignore him if you
don't want to argue with him.

I've found he doesn't agrue if you use the 'reply' feature of outlook,
rather than the 'reply group' feature. He's just looking for attention, so
if you don't reply publicly, he's not interested.

Old September 11th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Viperdoc writes:

How often have you used TCAS or any other traffic warning system?

Every time I fly.
Old September 11th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Viperdoc writes:

How often have you used TCAS or any other traffic warning system?

Every time I fly.

Exactly.

Old September 11th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Viperdoc

Every time I fly.

What brand TCAS? Are you using a 28v or 12 v system? What kind of display?
Are you actually flying now, or still playing MSFS?

Old September 11th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike

"Viperdoc" wrote in message

Every time I fly.

What brand TCAS? Are you using a 28v or 12 v system? What kind of display?

He wouldn't know because he's sitting in coach munching on peanuts.

Old September 11th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Just go look it up!

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 20:52:00 GMT, "Mike" nospam@ microsoft.com
wrote:

"Viperdoc" wrote in message

Every time I fly.

What brand TCAS? Are you using a 28v or 12 v system? What kind of display?

He wouldn't know because he's sitting in coach munching on peanuts.

It doesn't even do that.

Why the hell do we even deal with it any more? For the love of god
everyone just killfile and move on.

How about complaining to it's ISP for violating the charter of the
rec.aviation groups where it doesn't fly ror have any intent to - go
back to the sim groups where it belongs. This is truely, seriously
getting silly. I killfiled it yonks ago but keep getting all the
replies. Ignore and it will eventually go away and maybe we can get a
number of useful groups back.
Old September 12th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Viperdoc writes:

What brand TCAS? Are you using a 28v or 12 v system?

The sim provides the TCAS input for the display (which is the only simulated
part), so brand is not relevant. Likewise for the electrical system.

What kind of display?

In the Baron, the display is a Sandel ST3400. In the airliners, it's part of
the overall avionics suite, which I think is made by Honeywell and other
subcontractors.

Are you actually flying now, or still playing MSFS?

If you cannot tell, then it doesn't matter.
Old September 12th 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Just go look it up! writes:

How about complaining to it's ISP for violating the charter of the
rec.aviation groups where it doesn't fly ror have any intent to - go
back to the sim groups where it belongs.

ISPs have to deal with one person complaining about another all day long.
About 99.99% of those complaints go into the wastebasket. There's no
requirement to obey any charter (which hasn't been violated, anyway). There
is no violation of TOS. And often the ISP isn't even providing the newsgroup
service (lots of people here use Google, alas! or some other dedicated
newsgroup service).