Electric Self Launch System

Old June 4th 18, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Emir Sherbi

Default Electric Self Launch System

Hi everyone,

My name is Emir Sherbi, i'm a mechanical engineer from Argentina. With a partner who is an electronic engineer we've designed an electric self launching system that can be retrofitted in most of the composite sailplanes. Some of you may be saw my booth in the SSA convention in Reno with the mockup of the prototype.
The idea is to sell it as a kit so you don't have to ship the glider to my country. The modifications to be made are very simple. Any repair shop have enough knowledge to do it.
These are the links for who are interested in following the project.

https://www.instagram.com/grasshoppersystem/
https://www.facebook.com/charlysierragolf/

Kindest Regards
Old June 8th 18, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Monday, June 4, 2018 at 9:09:00 AM UTC-7, Emir Sherbi wrote:
Hi everyone,

My name is Emir Sherbi, i'm a mechanical engineer from Argentina. With a partner who is an electronic engineer we've designed an electric self launching system that can be retrofitted in most of the composite sailplanes. Some of you may be saw my booth in the SSA convention in Reno with the mockup of the prototype.
The idea is to sell it as a kit so you don't have to ship the glider to my country. The modifications to be made are very simple. Any repair shop have enough knowledge to do it.
These are the links for who are interested in following the project.

https://www.instagram.com/grasshoppersystem/
https://www.facebook.com/charlysierragolf/

Kindest Regards

When I stopped by your booth, you indicated that this system is still in development with much work left to be done. Is this accurate?

Tom
Old June 8th 18, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Emir Sherbi

El jueves, 7 de junio de 2018, 20:41:10 (UTC-3), 2G escribió:
[...]

Hi Tom

The most difficult part that we are working on is the battery pack supplier and testing. In other hand we also are starting to build our own motors, not only for this application but also for another types of vehicles (mostly agricultural). But for the US clients we can supply any already known motor brand to power the kit.
As you can see on the pages that i shared, we are starting to work on the fuselage. The pylon is on its final revision for flight testing but we are still working on the batteries.

Regards
Old June 8th 18, 08:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Friday, June 8, 2018 at 6:51:52 AM UTC-7, Emir Sherbi wrote:
[...]

Which battery chemistry are you going to use?

Tom
Old June 8th 18, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Emir Sherbi

El viernes, 8 de junio de 2018, 16:59:09 (UTC-3), 2G escribió:
[...]

INR and IMR, depending on the flight mission.

Regards
Old June 9th 18, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Friday, June 8, 2018 at 4:50:33 PM UTC-4, Emir Sherbi wrote:

INR and IMR, depending on the flight mission.

https://breazy.com/products/samsung-...50-25r-2500mah

INR 18650 2500mah Battery (2 Pack) - Samsung

20 amps of continous discharge, the Samsung 25r has been the go to battery for most vapers because of its authenticity and its transparent rating system. In terms of cell degradation the Samsung 25r has been a reliable source of power.
Old June 9th 18, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, June 8, 2018 at 6:30:29 PM UTC-5, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Friday, June 8, 2018 at 4:50:33 PM UTC-4, Emir Sherbi wrote:

INR and IMR, depending on the flight mission.

https://breazy.com/products/samsung-...50-25r-2500mah

INR 18650 2500mah Battery (2 Pack) - Samsung

20 amps of continous discharge, the Samsung 25r has been the go to battery for most vapers because of its authenticity and its transparent rating system. In terms of cell degradation the Samsung 25r has been a reliable source of power.

Flub, are you implying this project is vapor ware?
Old June 9th 18, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Friday, June 8, 2018 at 8:28:04 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Flub, are you implying this project is vapor ware?

Not at all. I think it is brilliant that millions of vapers have volunteered to do rapid discharge testing of INR battery technology. And a mass market battery like this should benefit from manufacturing economies of scale and competition.
Old June 9th 18, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Interesting additional battery chemistry info.....

https://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-w...ally-explained

Old June 10th 18, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Emir Sherbi

El lunes, 4 de junio de 2018, 13:09:00 (UTC-3), Emir Sherbi escribió:
Hi everyone,

My name is Emir Sherbi, i'm a mechanical engineer from Argentina. With a partner who is an electronic engineer we've designed an electric self launching system that can be retrofitted in most of the composite sailplanes. Some of you may be saw my booth in the SSA convention in Reno with the mockup of the prototype.
The idea is to sell it as a kit so you don't have to ship the glider to my country. The modifications to be made are very simple. Any repair shop have enough knowledge to do it.
These are the links for who are interested in following the project.

https://www.instagram.com/grasshoppersystem/
https://www.facebook.com/charlysierragolf/

Kindest Regards

Hello,

This is another update with the work done today.