Change the rules for the National Guard.?

Old February 19th 04, 09:12 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Ragnar" wrote in message

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
How about we fix it so that in case of national emergency the guard goes

FIRST
before the regular troops. Great idea huh? Think we would still get

everyone
flocking to the National Guard in that case? I know Bush would have

been
first
in line to join up.. Right?

What happened to not posting OT political crap, Art?

He'll rejoin that rant when *someone else* posts something he deems to be
OT. The last time he brayed about that subject it was like a whole *day*
after he himself started that UCMG thread...

Brooks

Old February 19th 04, 09:57 PM
Brian Colwell

"Stephen Harding" wrote in message
ArtKramr wrote:

How about we fix it so that in case of national emergency the guard goes

FIRST
before the regular troops. Great idea huh? Think we would still get

everyone
flocking to the National Guard in that case? I know Bush would have

been first
in line to join up.. Right?

I don't think people are exactly flocking to the Guard any more,
given the rather lengthy, and sometimes consecutive, or round-robin
deployments.

Not certain people in the Guard really expected to be used so hard.
There have been a few "freeloaders" who were happy to collect their
check from Uncle when it only meant a few days a month and a "summer
camp" for a couple weeks, but suddenly felt it unfair when ordered
to pack up and head out for the desert. Overall though, I think the
Guard units have held up very well, with really minimal griping that
one might expect from "citizen soldiers".

I don't think the Secret Service would let Bush sign up for the Guard
right now. But hey, Kerry has combat experience as an officer, and
decorations! He'd probably be in demand for the current exercise in
Middle East democracy building, no?

SMH

On CNN the other night, they were visiting a high school that is adjacent to
a military base, I was somewhat surprised there were kids of single parents,
that were serving in Iraq, do the single parents in the Guards, that have
school age children, have the option of being excused oversea duties ?
BMC

Old February 19th 04, 10:25 PM
fudog50

I'm active duty, so take this however you want.....

The first thing I thought about when I joined is, "What if we go to
war? What if I have to deploy for long periods?"

You are a moron, active or reserves if you can't figure out someday
you might have to go to war. Sure, you cross your fingers and hope it
never happens. But then you should be ready to go if the flag goes up.

Kevin said some pretty accurate things in his statements about some of
the military being along for the free ride then bitching when it comes
time to pay the dues.

I don't know about the Guard as far as single parents go,, but I'm
sure it's similar to active duty. They have to sign a "dependancy care
certificate", that gets approved by the command. It states what kind
of plan and who will take care of your dependants when you deploy.
Bottom line is EVERYONE must be fully deployable, (except for those
recovering from injury, illness etc. and are on temporary limited
duty). No exceptions, if they don't like it, they can go work
someplace else. This is only fair and equal treatment, you can't make
special exceptions for single parents period.

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:12:47 -0500, "Kevin Brooks"

Old February 19th 04, 11:00 PM
William Hughes

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:57:10 GMT, in rec.aviation.military "Brian Colwell"
wrote:

On CNN the other night, they were visiting a high school that is adjacent to
a military base, I was somewhat surprised there were kids of single parents,
that were serving in Iraq, do the single parents in the Guards, that have
school age children, have the option of being excused oversea duties ?

No. They are required to make the appropriate arrangements for their children
while they are deployed.

Bill
Mississippi ANG 1981-1987
Texas ANG 1987-1991

Old February 19th 04, 11:20 PM
John Burson

I love you Art and truly appreciate your service; but, you, like John Kerry,
have become a "professional veteran". BTW, before you strike back, I am
retired with 30 years active service, none admittedly approaching your level
of bravery and heroism, and I mean that sincerely.
"ArtKramr" wrote in message
How about we fix it so that in case of national emergency the guard goes

FIRST
before the regular troops. Great idea huh? Think we would still get

everyone
flocking to the National Guard in that case? I know Bush would have been

first
in line to join up.. Right?

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old February 19th 04, 11:46 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

"fudog50" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:12:47 -0500, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

You are a moron

Old February 19th 04, 11:51 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

Perhaps this will help:

"fudog50" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:12:47 -0500, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

You are a moron

Old February 19th 04, 11:59 PM
Tarver Engineering

"fudog50" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:12:47 -0500, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

You are a moron

Old February 20th 04, 02:00 AM
Kevin Brooks

wrote:

On CNN the other night, they were visiting a high school that is

adjacent to
a military base, I was somewhat surprised there were kids of single

parents,
that were serving in Iraq, do the single parents in the Guards, that

have
school age children, have the option of being excused oversea duties ?

No. They are required to make the appropriate arrangements for their

children
while they are deployed.

Correct. On the ARNG and AC Army side, it is a reportable item on the Unit
Status Report; a soldier who does not have a completed "Family Care Plan" is
considered nondeployable until he/she completes it, and the command stays on
them to get it right so that it does not affect their deployable MOSQ rate.

Brooks

Bill
Mississippi ANG 1981-1987
Texas ANG 1987-1991

Old February 20th 04, 02:32 AM
Leadfoot

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"OXMORON1" wrote in message

The Guard places America's attention on a war in the ways it affects those
at home.

What LBJ did by not using the Guard to it's capabilities was a part of

what
created a quagmire.

After Vietnam the Guard and Reserve were deliberately given missions that
made it IMPOSSIBLE to have a medium to major scale war without significant
callups.

If you want to know who killed JFK, just follow the money.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
GWB and the Air Guard JD Military Aviation 77 March 17th 04 10:52 AM
best president ever Be Kind Military Aviation 6 February 16th 04 06:59 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM