Parachute Packing in Tampa Bay Area, FL?

Old February 11th 11, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

Default Parachute Packing in Tampa Bay Area, FL?

It's time to have my chute repacked (fortunately not from use) but
this is my first chute, so where do I send/take it to get it re-packed
and is there anything particular I should consider when having this
done? It's a Mini Softie.

I am in the St. Pete/Tampa Area of Florida.

Thanks!
Tom
Old February 11th 11, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Feb 11, 2:50*pm, tstock wrote:
It's time to have my chute repacked (fortunately not from use) but
this is my first chute, so where do I send/take it to get it re-packed
and is there anything particular I should consider when having this
done? *It's a Mini Softie.

I am in the St. Pete/Tampa Area of Florida.

Thanks!
Tom

Tom,

I'd check with your local drop zone. perhaps http://www.skydivetampa.com/
?
Old February 11th 11, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Whiskey Delta

On Feb 11, 3:52*pm, Tony wrote:
On Feb 11, 2:50*pm, tstock wrote:

It's time to have my chute repacked (fortunately not from use) but
this is my first chute, so where do I send/take it to get it re-packed
and is there anything particular I should consider when having this
done? *It's a Mini Softie.

I am in the St. Pete/Tampa Area of Florida.

Thanks!
Tom

Strong parachutes is in Orlando. They might be able to repack it for
you.

WD

Old February 11th 11, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

On Feb 11, 5:06*pm, Whiskey Delta wrote:
On Feb 11, 3:52*pm, Tony wrote:

On Feb 11, 2:50*pm, tstock wrote:

It's time to have my chute repacked (fortunately not from use) but
this is my first chute, so where do I send/take it to get it re-packed
and is there anything particular I should consider when having this
done? *It's a Mini Softie.

I am in the St. Pete/Tampa Area of Florida.

Thanks!
Tom

Strong parachutes is in Orlando. *They might be able to repack it for
you.

WD

I use Strong in Orlando every year. They update any service bulletins
and do a great job for $65.

Lane
XF
Old February 12th 11, 06:27 AM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanebush View Post
On Feb 11, 3:52*pm, Tony wrote:

On Feb 11, 2:50*pm, tstock wrote:

It's time to have my chute repacked (fortunately not from use) but
this is my first chute, so where do I send/take it to get it re-packed
and is there anything particular I should consider when having this
done? *It's a Mini Softie.

I am in the St. Pete/Tampa Area of Florida.

Thanks!
Tom

Strong parachutes is in Orlando. *They might be able to repack it for
you.

WD

I use Strong in Orlando every year. They update any service bulletins
and do a great job for $65.

Lane
XF
I too use Strong in Orlando. Don't know if they do a great job.....YET. They are great though, very friendly, efficient, these guys are the pros and they will let you put the chute on and pull the rip cord to get a feel for the process.

Walt
Old February 13th 11, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

On Feb 11, 3:52*pm, Tony wrote:
-
On Feb 11, 2:50*pm, tstock wrote:-
--
[...]

Great thanks guy, and Walt. Sounds like I should just drive over
there before/after heading out to 6FL0? How far away are they?
Old February 13th 11, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa

On Feb 11, 3:52*pm, Tony wrote:
-
On Feb 11, 2:50*pm, tstock wrote:-
--
[...]

there before/after heading out to 6FL0? *How far away are they?- Hide quoted text -

Strong will be at the Seniors Contest, as they do every year, on the
two days before the contest, packing chutes in the hangar while you
wait. Check with them at Seminole Lake www.soarfl.com for
confirmation and details. And it's an interesting visit.

Charles
Old February 14th 11, 07:01 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstock View Post

On Feb 11, 3:52*pm, Tony wrote:
-
On Feb 11, 2:50*pm, tstock wrote:-
--
[...]

They are located at 11236 Satellite Blvd. Orlando, FL 32837. From Tampa head to Orlando on I 4. At Central Florida Parkway go East, across John Young and continue on to SOBT. Cross SOBT and take a right on Satellite Blvd. They are about half a mile down on the right. They close early on Friday most of the time.

Walt
Old February 16th 11, 12:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

Great, thanks for the info guys!

Glider inspection - Tampa Florida area John[_27_] Soaring 2 February 4th 10 01:45 PM
Packing for OSH Jay Honeck Piloting 5 July 29th 07 08:36 AM
FBO around Tampa? [email protected] Piloting 7 July 7th 04 01:55 AM
Any Tampa area instructors? [email protected] Piloting 0 March 21st 04 12:35 AM
Do you know who's packing your parachute? mah Military Aviation 0 August 22nd 03 04:32 PM