The real benefits of high fuel prices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 9th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
Pits

Default The real benefits of high fuel prices

On Jun 8, 9:44 pm, Stealth Pilot
wrote:
I went out test flying my Tailwind today and covered about 600km over
a little under 3 hours. (360 nautical miles or there abouts).

There are huge benefits to the astronomical hike in fuel prices.
the idiots are all staying home worrying about the cost which has the
odd effect of making the skies absolutely safe for the rest of us.

I flew up over our local city in what would have been pretty busy
airspace with lots of avoiding to do, this tends to distract one from
the sight seeing, but today I had the entire airspace with just two
other aircraft. my heavens what a utopian flying environment.

the sky now has two types of pilot in it. professional aviators and
true enthusiasts. all the hangers on and the half hearted are sitting
on the ground. this , when you think about it, is the way it should
be.

the other thing I like about high fuel prices is that the chinese have
to pay them as well. that'll slow the buggers down. maybe the jobs
will stop being exported over to them in the long run.

truely, I had a wonderful day flying today!

Stealth Pilot

Stealth as much as I enjoy and find interest in many of your posts
and or musings
I find this one rather worrying and wonder if you will soon shave the
head get a swastika tattoo and wear doc Martins and listen to German
punk ?

The use of the phrase " The idiots are staying at home"
I find particularly offensive ----------- many of those idiots as you
refer to them, may be working several jobs studying for an aviation
vocation or career
and like many finding it a tad difficult to position themselves for
career and savings, within the current financial constraints

I wish not believe that you are such a **** as your words imply .
Dreadful attitude there and a certain amount of Ignorance or lack of
global situational awareness
re your remarks about China . are also of a concern..

But to look down from a self perceived if not delusional "on High" is
offensive and as prefaced earlier can not believe is the real you
Juts my 2 cents