Dittel FSG 2T Radio Repair

Old September 16th 13, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Dittel FSG 2T Radio Repair

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a Dittel FSG 2T radio that needs a new display.

The only repairman I've been told is Anton Lang of Lang Funktechnik.

Does anyone on this forum know how I might reach Mr Lang or anyone else who can do repairs on Dittel radios? I tried Mr Lang's e-mail (info at flugfunk-lang.de) but have not gotten any response.

Mike
Old September 16th 13, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

In the US you can try:

NICK'S ELECTRONICS & AVIONICS
Nick Popovski
13370 SW 131 St. Unit #113
Miami, FL 33186
305-278-3831
305-383-1446

Old September 16th 13, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, September 15, 2013 9:39:26 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a Dittel FSG 2T radio that needs a new display.

The only repairman I've been told is Anton Lang of Lang Funktechnik.

Does anyone on this forum know how I might reach Mr Lang or anyone else who can do repairs on Dittel radios? I tried Mr Lang's e-mail (info at flugfunk-lang.de) but have not gotten any response.

Mike

Mike,

Nick may now be able to repair it for you. When I asked him 3 years ago he was not able to do it. I ended up buying and installing the new display myself. It was not particularly difficult other than finding the replacement display. If I recall it required no special tools or soldering mainly just care and proper cleaning of the contacts that connect to the LCD. The LCDs are fragile and will be ruined if improperly handled. I actually bought two replacements from Europe in case I ruined one. The extra went with my glider to Argentina when I sold it.

Stuart
Miami
Old September 17th 13, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ross Drake

On Monday, September 16, 2013 3:39:26 AM UTC+2, wrote:
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a Dittel FSG 2T radio that needs a new display. The only repairman I've been told is Anton Lang of Lang Funktechnik. Does anyone on this forum know how I might reach Mr Lang or anyone else who can do repairs on Dittel radios? I tried Mr Lang's e-mail (info at flugfunk-lang.de) but have not gotten any response. Mike

Hi Mike,

Anton doesn't speak much english.
If you want, i can play middle man for you as I am in Switzerland, and speak fluent German. Should be no problems as he has big stocks of everything to service the FSG2T.
Cheers
Ross
Old September 25th 13, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Hill[_2_]

On Sunday, September 15, 2013 7:39:26 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a Dittel FSG 2T radio that needs a new display.

The only repairman I've been told is Anton Lang of Lang Funktechnik.

Does anyone on this forum know how I might reach Mr Lang or anyone else who can do repairs on Dittel radios? I tried Mr Lang's e-mail (info at flugfunk-lang.de) but have not gotten any response.

Mike

You may also try Peninsula Avionics:

14229 SW 127 Street