Short 12,000 ft runway

Old June 25th 05, 07:24 AM
Charles Talleyrand

Default Short 12,000 ft runway

I fly a Cessna 150. Our airport has one runway; it's 12,300 feet by
150 feet. The overruns are about 1000 feet on each end. We often have
density altitudes of over 1.4 thousand feet.

Should I be worried?

-Thanks
-The Cautious Pilot

Old June 25th 05, 08:09 AM
Tobias Schnell

On 24 Jun 2005 23:24:20 -0700, "Charles Talleyrand"
wrote:

I fly a Cessna 150. Our airport has one runway; it's 12,300 feet by
150 feet. The overruns are about 1000 feet on each end. We often have
density altitudes of over 1.4 thousand feet.
Should I be worried?

Definitely! 150 ft are somewhat short for a 150 at gross, especially
at this DA. 12000 ft width are more than enough, though.

Tobias
Old June 25th 05, 01:43 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Tobias Schnell wrote:

Charles Talleyrand trolled us with this gem:

I fly a Cessna 150. Our airport has one runway; it's 12,300 feet by
150 feet. The overruns are about 1000 feet on each end. We often have
density altitudes of over 1.4 thousand feet.
Should I be worried?

Definitely! 150 ft are somewhat short for a 150 at gross, especially
at this DA. 12000 ft width are more than enough, though.

The good news is that you can do enough touch and goes on one pass to
meet the 90 day requirements...
Old June 25th 05, 03:00 PM
kontiki

Charles Talleyrand wrote:
Should I be worried?

-Thanks
-The Cautious Pilot

You might get spoiled by that 2 1/2 mile runway. Better plan fly to
another airport with a short runway once in a while for practice.

Old June 25th 05, 09:42 PM
Mike 'Flyin'8'

Boy that runway sure is short, but look how wide it is!!!

wrote:

I fly a Cessna 150. Our airport has one runway; it's 12,300 feet by
150 feet. The overruns are about 1000 feet on each end. We often have
density altitudes of over 1.4 thousand feet.
Should I be worried?

Definitely! 150 ft are somewhat short for a 150 at gross, especially
at this DA. 12000 ft width are more than enough, though.

Tobias

Mike Alexander
PP-ASEL
Temecula, CA
See my online aerial photo album at
http://flying.4alexanders.com
Old June 25th 05, 09:48 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Mike 'Flyin'8' wrote:

Boy that runway sure is short, but look how wide it is!!!

Hard to read the numbers when they are so wide...
Old June 25th 05, 10:26 PM
Hilton

Darrel Toepfer wrote:
Tobias Schnell wrote:

Charles Talleyrand trolled us with this gem:

I fly a Cessna 150. Our airport has one runway; it's 12,300 feet by
150 feet. The overruns are about 1000 feet on each end. We often have
density altitudes of over 1.4 thousand feet.
Should I be worried?

Definitely! 150 ft are somewhat short for a 150 at gross, especially
at this DA. 12000 ft width are more than enough, though.

The good news is that you can do enough touch and goes on one pass to
meet the 90 day requirements...

And by the time the 150 gets to the other end, you could satisfy your night
currency too.

Hilton

Old June 25th 05, 11:50 PM
Stubby

Hilton wrote:

Darrel Toepfer wrote:

Tobias Schnell wrote:

Charles Talleyrand trolled us with this gem:

I fly a Cessna 150. Our airport has one runway; it's 12,300 feet by
150 feet. The overruns are about 1000 feet on each end. We often have
density altitudes of over 1.4 thousand feet.
Should I be worried?

Definitely! 150 ft are somewhat short for a 150 at gross, especially
at this DA. 12000 ft width are more than enough, though.

The good news is that you can do enough touch and goes on one pass to
meet the 90 day requirements...

And by the time the 150 gets to the other end, you could satisfy your night
currency too.

And you could satisfy the Commercial Glider requirement by landing
width-wise on that runway!
Old June 25th 05, 11:56 PM
Tony

You're not of of those guys who land a 150 on the numbers and taxi to
the turnoff a mile away, are you? that's 3 minutes at 20 mph (is that
too fast to taxi a 150? It's been a long time). I'd have to go around.
Twice!

Old June 26th 05, 02:01 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Charles Talleyrand wrote:
I fly a Cessna 150. Our airport has one runway; it's 12,300 feet by
150 feet. The overruns are about 1000 feet on each end. We often have
density altitudes of over 1.4 thousand feet.

Should I be worried?

Oprócz spojrzenie jak szeroki to jest!