mixing 80 and 100 and autogas...?

Old March 11th 04, 05:26 AM
R. Wubben

Default mixing 80 and 100 and autogas...?

Reviewing some of the old posts on rec.aviation.owning, it appears
that the conventional wisdom is that mixing of the gases is ok.
What I foresee is that I can get 80 at my home field, but will need to
top off or completely fill up with 100LL as I go along. Is this truly
ok?

Are people still adding TCP to their tanks when using 100LL even if
they have a partial load of 80 on board?

I'm trying to avoid ever having a stuck exhaust valve again, but the
reality is that 80 is hard to find and autogas is frequently not an
option (depending on the airport).

Thanks,
Ryan
Old March 12th 04, 11:49 PM
Jay Honeck

What I foresee is that I can get 80 at my home field, but will need to
top off or completely fill up with 100LL as I go along. Is this truly
ok?

Yes.

I'm trying to avoid ever having a stuck exhaust valve again, but the
reality is that 80 is hard to find and autogas is frequently not an
option (depending on the airport).

Build a fuel truck. See mine at
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/fuel_truck.htm .

It's saved me over $3000 in fuel costs, and the plane runs much better, too.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 13th 04, 02:17 AM
PlsurFlyin

You have 80? Send me a truckload...
Old March 13th 04, 04:38 AM
R. Wubben

Well, I may just have to do that. I just found out the big tank at
Waunakee, WI (my new home) labeled "80" is actually full of 100LL...

D&%N!!!
Double D#$N!!!

Back to square one. Now, do I use MMO or TCP...?
Old March 13th 04, 02:30 PM
John Harlow

Are people still adding TCP to their tanks when using 100LL even if
they have a partial load of 80 on board?

Are people able to actually get TCP from anywhere?