OSH Disappointments

Old August 15th 04, 01:08 AM
john smith

Steve F. wrote:
Yes, as a blonde haired blue eyed American, I've experienced racism
while living in Germany. Though I spoke good German, my accent
betrayed the fact that was an "auslander" and when calling for
apartments for rent I was either told the apartment was "already gone"
or more simply "sorry, we don't rent to foreigners/Americans et al".

Gee, I thought it just happened to me!
The question eventually arose, "Sind Sie Ami?"
I was playing basketball for the Ludwigshafen Y team. After the ref
asked me that question, a series of fouls was called on me until I was
out of the game.

Old August 15th 04, 05:38 PM
Thomas Borchert

John,

you and Steve need better education and you need to work harder, then
these things won't happen to you anymore. Ask Jay for the specifics.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old August 15th 04, 05:55 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
John,

you and Steve need better education and you need to work harder, then
these things won't happen to you anymore. Ask Jay for the specifics.

You've indicated in your messages that you are the one lacking in education.

Old August 15th 04, 11:37 PM
Paul Sengupta

"Steve F." wrote in message
om...
Yes, as a blonde haired blue eyed American, I've experienced racism
while living in Germany. Though I spoke good German, my accent
betrayed the fact that was an "auslander" and when calling for
apartments for rent I was either told the apartment was "already gone"
or more simply "sorry, we don't rent to foreigners/Americans et al".

As a half Indian British guy who doesn't speak German, I had no
problem at all renting an apartment in Germany!

:-)

Paul

Old August 16th 04, 02:21 AM
Jens Krueger

Jay Honeck wrote:

It must be awful to live somewhere where you can't succeed solely on the
basis of merit.

Try being an airline pilot. No merits, all seniority.

Cheers,
Jens

(Trying to get more on-topic)
--
I don't accept any emails right now. Usenet replys only.
Old August 16th 04, 03:50 AM
Big John

Bob

Apparently you have never read about the early Irish. Signs like No
Irish or dogs allowed" were common place in many establishments.

Erin go bragh

Big John (mick)
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````````````

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:27:37 GMT, Bob Noel
wrote:

In article , Bob Fry
wrote:

Perhaps if you had lived on the wrong end of
racism you'd understand better.

so-called Caucasians never experience racism?

Old August 16th 04, 07:41 AM
Thomas Borchert

Steven,

You've indicated in your messages that you are the one lacking in education.

Ho Boy. What a way to end a conversation. F you too, sir.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old August 16th 04, 01:50 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Steven,

You've indicated in your messages that you are the one lacking in

education.

Ho Boy. What a way to end a conversation. F you too, sir.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Thank you for proving my point.

Old August 17th 04, 05:48 AM
Big John

I guess yhour Irish then?

Big John
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 03:55:48 GMT, "Dave Stadt"
wrote:

"Corky Scott" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:52:00 GMT, "Dave Stadt"
wrote:

Get over it and get on with life. Every ethnic and religious group has

been
through the same thing some time in the past. Most of us get over it and
move on. Some wallow in the past and play "woe is me" for centuries and
expect special treatment and reparations. The self pity is getting very
annoying.

Are you black Dave?

Corky Scott

I'm orange.