OSH Question

Old August 6th 04, 03:57 AM
Jay Honeck

Default OSH Question

Now though, you are the one who has spent much of your life living and
loving
aviation. Now, maybe its your turn to share that with those who are as

you
were twenty two years ago. Pass it on and share with someone else.

Excellent, Bob. Wilco.

Mary and I both remarked that this year was really different at OSH. There
were far more 20-somethings, and far more kids than there used to be. This
is a very good thing, indeed.

When Mary and I were the 20-somethings, we were truly odd-ducks. There
were practically no other aviation enthusiasts our age, back when we first
started attending OSH, and we always felt a bit out of place. This may
explain the downturn in the aviation over the past couple of decades, as the
World War II generation passed the torch to a much smaller generation of
enthusiasts.

It is good to see that there are a bunch of young folks again interested in
aviation, and Mary and I always do our best to share our passion with
others. Hell, that's the whole reason we started an aviation themed,
luxury suites hotel -- we simply love everything there is about aviation,
and want to share it.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 6th 04, 04:32 AM
Jim Weir

"Jay Honeck"

Chuck Yeager and I share back-to-back hangar space. He flies a dozen Young
Eagles every Saturday and Sunday morning in his Husky. He is no "honorary
chair" of the movement; he is out there every weekend morning flying the
locals...who for the most part have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what sort of a legend is
flying them around.

I'm sorry he pi$$ed you off by asking for a Young Eagles donation to sign your
son's hat. Send me the hat and I'll ask the General to sign it for you if you
can't afford the donation to a worthy cause.

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old August 6th 04, 02:01 PM
Jay Honeck

OK, you've convinced me, Jay. I'll plan to fly to OSH next year and camp
under the wing, but never want to drive again. Besides, at 60 I'm still a
young fart. The last time I flew I deviated to Baraboo Dells. Now

THAT'S
quite an experience.

You haven't seen the Dells until you've ridden in a DUCK!

:-)

See you next year at OSH!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Prop Pitch Question Eugene Wendland Home Built 2 April 25th 04 03:22 AM
Question Charles S Home Built 4 April 5th 04 09:10 PM
Question for Squirrel the Lurker jls Home Built 0 January 30th 04 02:41 PM
Tecumseh Engine Mounting Question jlauer Home Built 7 November 16th 03 01:51 AM
Question on Pulsejets/Ramjets??? DarylG1532 Home Built 3 August 16th 03 03:20 AM