NE Flying

Old July 7th 04, 09:07 PM
Royce Brown

Default NE Flying

Living in Atlanta most all of my flying has been in the Southeast with one
trip in my 172 to the West Coast. I had never flown North of Newport News,
VA.

I have been in the Boston area for work lately and decided to find flight
schools here and in Portland, Maine to do some flying/sight seeing. What
a great idea that turned out to be. Just outside Boston I found a guy
with a Trinidad. I have done most all my flying in my Cessena 172rg. So
flying this low wing 300hp plane was almost like flying the space shuttle
to me. It was an incredible plane but for a big guy (6'4") my head was
crammed so tight to the top of the plane I had to put my headset on
sideways to reasonably sit up straight. Had a great flight over downtown
Boston flying over the top of Fenway Park. I was surprised they let us
fly so close to the city. Hard to get anywhere near that close in ATL.

Flew today in Portland, ME. This time in a Piper Arrow. I have some time
in a Piper. More room and a beautiful day made it an incredible flight
with a friendly/helpful flight instructor. I need to bring my Cessna up
here sometime and do some real sight seeing.

Going to Toronto in two weeks. Looking forward to seeing some of the
sights there!

Old July 8th 04, 01:17 AM
Jonathan

Royce Brown wrote:
[...]

Sounds fun! Good experience as well to try all of those different planes.

--
Jonathan,

www.virtual-hangar.com