Inspection Mirrors

Old January 1st 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

Default Inspection Mirrors

OOOkay, the last time I bought a set of inspection mirrors was back in '66
when I was with PSA. I just dropped my favorite gimballed mirror and am in
the market for a new mirror(s). I guess a set of mirrors every 40 years
isn't too bad.

Anyway, anybody got a favorite source for inspection mirrors?

Jim

Old January 1st 07, 05:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

Not that I've used it enough to claim a favorite, but mine came from Sears.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

Old January 1st 07, 08:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Drew Dalgleish

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:11:49 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

OOOkay, the last time I bought a set of inspection mirrors was back in '66
when I was with PSA. I just dropped my favorite gimballed mirror and am in
the market for a new mirror(s). I guess a set of mirrors every 40 years
isn't too bad.

Anyway, anybody got a favorite source for inspection mirrors?

Jim

I like the ones from Princess auto but for the cost I doubt it's worth
the hike.
Old January 1st 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Montblack

("Bela P. Havasreti" wrote)
Snapon. A set of three sizes were under a $100 bucks and the quality
was/is great.

If Jim's inspection mirror had been a Snap-on, would they have replaced it
FREE?

Montblack
(Old joke)
A: Snap-on Tool.
Q: Who is Billy Jean King's new sponsor?

(From the web)
Billie Jean King: Outed by Ex-Lover: Billie Jean King had married her
college sweetheart Larry King. As her career grew, the two remained married,
but Billie began having affairs with women. In 1981 an ex-lover outed Billie
Jean King and filed a palimony suit. Billie Jean King, afraid of losing her
tennis endorsements and her career called the affair a "mistake" and stayed
deep in the closet. Even with that admission, Billie Jean King lost almost
all her commercial sponsors.

Old January 2nd 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
John[_9_]

Montblack wrote:
("Bela P. Havasreti" wrote)
Snapon. A set of three sizes were under a $100 bucks and the quality
was/is great.

If Jim's inspection mirror had been a Snap-on, would they have replaced it
FREE?

I have had a Snap On dealer replace a Blue Point mirror that had the
frame break off from the handle. I think though it is at the
discretion of the dealer as Blue Point is not under the same warranty
as Snap On. I have seen Snap On replace broken 50 year old ratchets
and wrenches though. They have a sheet that identifies the age of the
tool by the identification marks made on the handle.

John Dupre'

Old January 26th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Darrel Toepfer

"RST Engineering" wrote:

OOOkay, the last time I bought a set of inspection mirrors was back in
'66 when I was with PSA. I just dropped my favorite gimballed mirror
and am in the market for a new mirror(s). I guess a set of mirrors
every 40 years isn't too bad.

Anyway, anybody got a favorite source for inspection mirrors?

Any decent glass shop can replace the broken one, if thats whats broken...

Dropped a cylinder 2 years ago, now you dropped a mirror... How much longer
will your bad luck streak last? ;-)
Old January 27th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

I didn't drop it. The exhaust manifold kept it hanging onto the engine
until I got the ******* onto the ground.

Jim