Swift Boat Veterans For Truth: Are They Going To Sink John Kerry?

Old August 22nd 04, 05:55 AM
BUFDRVR

David Lesher wrote:

Feb. 28, 1969: ON THE DONG CUNG RIVER
Anti-Kerry vets not there that day

By William B. Rood
Chicago Tribune
Published August 21, 2004

snip

Great. Now all we need to hear from is Kerry and we can decide who is telling
the truth. Why would this man's story sway anyone? Why is Kerry calling other
people to tell their side of the story while avoiding doing the same himself?
Personally I don't care what happened on a river in SE Asia 35 years ago, I
don't find it relevent to the election, but what I do find relevent is Kerry's
evasive actions and already proven lies (Cambodia for Christmas).

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old August 22nd 04, 03:42 AM
Vanilla Gorilla (Monkey Boy)

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 23:11:14 GMT, BOB wrote in
alt.fan.art-bell in message :

You

plonk
--
V.G.

Change pobox dot alaska to gci.
"I wanted a car I could run down pedestrians with. But one with a comfy ride, like a sofa on wheels." - Father Haskell

"No doubt about it, 9-11 was orchestrated by Lockheed." - *lexa 'connects the dots' 4/27/04 )

"Nope, Lockheed provided the cover for 9-11 due to abuses of it's system. They're guilty as charged. But ultimately it was Bechtel who concocted the
9-11 events." Alexa connects some totally different dots. 8/6/04 )

Sarcasm is my sword, Apathy is my shield.
Old August 22nd 04, 05:58 AM
BUFDRVR

David Fritzinger wrote:

Same thing happened in 2002 in
the Georgia Senate race.

Bush was running for Senator in Georgia?

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old August 22nd 04, 07:29 PM
RobbelothE

Of course Bushs commercials will be negative. He has NOTHING to show after
four miserable years of laziness and incompetence.

This is CLEARLY in contrast with Kerry's nearly 20 years in the Senate during
which he's sponsored two (count them -- two) bills intended to help commercial
fishermen from Massachusetts. Other than that, I can't recall a single thing
he's done other than miss most of the meetings & votes on the committees he's
was/is a member of. I'd be grateful if someone can provide specifics of some
bills/laws I may have missed.

Ed
"If an enemy power is bent on conquering you, and proposed to
turn all of his resources to that end, he is at war with you;
and you -- unless you contemplate surrender -- are at war with
him." --Barry Goldwater

Old August 22nd 04, 10:07 PM
BUFDRVR

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

Or just watch Bush's tv commercials. Every one I have seen
in the Philadelphia area has been completely negative.

"Negative" does not mean "smear".

Well, the DNC has broadened the term considerably this election. Any mention of
Kerry's senate voting record is considered "going negative".

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old August 23rd 04, 01:29 AM
david raoul derbes

In article ,
Ed Rasimus wrote:
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 01:10:27 GMT, David Fritzinger
wrote:

What do you want as proof. Bush was in trouble against McCain in the
South Carolina primary in 2000, and suddenly people were making
accusations about McCain's patriotism. Same thing happened in 2002 in
the Georgia Senate race. Unless you are desperate to avoid it, there is
a pattern here.

You seem to have a selective memory. No one ever questioned McCain's
patriotism. What was questioned (and in retrospect, rightly so) was
McCain's conservativism. While he might clearly be acceptable to a
fiscal/traditional conservative, he was not viewed as acceptable to
the social conservative (AKA religious right) of the Republican Party.
He was not strongly pro-life and he was a bit erratic on gun control.

Those would have been fair questions.

What was decidedly not fair was the assertion (in pamphlets) that John
McCain had had a child out of wedlock, of mixed race. In fact he and
his wife had adopted one (and since, two) children from Pakistan.

These assertions were racist, false, and designed to make McCain
unpalatable to many citizens of South Carolina. They succeeded admirably
in that aim.

As a confirmed liberal, I think John McCain is a fine man. I don't often
agree with his politics, but were he running for president, I can easily
imagine voting for him.

What the Bush people did to him was outrageous.

David Derbes

Pointing out an opponent's position on controversial issues isn't
really "smearing", particularly when it is a primary and the opponent
is out of step with the mainstream of the party ideology.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
"Phantom Flights, Bangkok Nights"
Both from Smithsonian Books
***www.thunderchief.org

Old August 23rd 04, 02:30 AM
BUFDRVR

jenn jenn wrote:

failed economic leadership

Many leading economists credit Bush's tax cut plan for minimizing the impact of
the recession (begun in the Spring of 2000) and subsequent recovery. Doesn't
sound like failed leadership to me.

failed military leadership

As someone in uniform, you'll have to provide me an example of this as I cannot
think of 1 incident of failed mlitary leadership. Bush has increased military
pay and nearly undone the damage Clinton did in regards to equipment and
readiness.

abdication in the war on terror

I'm sure you can give me an example of this? No?

left Osama to rebuild his international terror
organization,

Bin Laden hasn't been "left" to do anything. You need to read more on the
subject.

failed to unite allies in a war against terrorist because
Irag was an idee fixee

No matter who was U.S. President, they were not going to unite France, Germany
and Russia which leaves us the alternative of having our national security
policy dictated by other nations. This is one of the clear cut differences
between Kerry and Bush. Kerry will subjugate U.S. security to the U.N., Bush
refuses to do that.

and of course he lied repeatedly to the
American people

Of course he didn't lie once.

and we didn't even mention his failure to make any effort whatsoever to
prevent terrorism in the US making it a low priority

Example?

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old August 23rd 04, 11:00 AM
Cub Driver

wrote:

Unless you are desperate to avoid it, there is
a pattern here.

Ah yes, the pattern!

The black helicopters -- the aliens pretending to be human -- the
PATTERN!

Arrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)