George Jr sent out of Texas by father as a 'drunken liability'

Old September 8th 04, 04:12 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 03:44:49 GMT, Robey Price
wrote:

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, Ed Rasimus
confessed the following:

And, I hit the ground running one weekend at Nellis. Got the shave,
shower, and splash of "Sure-f***" so I smelled good. Then went to the
bar on Friday night. ...[snip] I couldn't be one because I
wasn't in a goat bag.

Let me get this straight...you went to the Nellis O-Club bar on a
friday night in civvies? Eewwww...that's just not right. Judgement:
None noted.

I had developed a plan for completing the action--sort of like how to
"win the peace" (pun intended). I knew, of course, that all the local
guys and Red Flag TDYers would be there in goat bags, but the complete
plan was to enter the merge, spot the target and then be able to drive
her out of the fur-ball to a one-on-one.

Had there been a requirement at some point in the engagement to say,
"wait right here while I go change before I take you someplace
special" the bogey would have escaped over the horizon or been
surrounded by others seeking to claim an easy kill.

Hey, you could have shown her your big ole Seiko watch.

I did display the GMT-Master as well as the 2-baht chain and authentic
Buddha.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
"Phantom Flights, Bangkok Nights"
Both from Smithsonian Books
***www.thunderchief.org
Old September 8th 04, 05:36 PM
OXMORON1

Robey Price wrote:
Let me get this straight...you went to the Nellis O-Club bar on a
friday night in civvies? Eewwww...that's just not right. Judgement:
None noted.

Ed R came back with a detailed explanation of his mission planning, personal
prep including a description of the BIG PILOT watch and decorative jewelry.

We've gone over this before and it boils down to a couple of
possibilities...most obvious, Ed was wearing an "Eau de Toilette" sold over the
counter at White Front, possible alternate.....halitosis, another
possibility.....He was mistaken for a bombadier, no not a competent Wizzo or an
itinerate lost Nav, but a genuine bombadier!

Rick
MFE
Old September 8th 04, 06:09 PM
OXMORON1

In discussion of Ed's prestrike planning, I uttered.....
another
possibility.....He was mistaken for a bombadier, no not a competent Wizzo or

an
itinerate lost Nav, but a genuine bombadier!

Ed objected:
Cruel! Simply cruel.

You are correct Sir, that was a bit over the top. I should have said a Non B-26
Bombadier. No one would have mistaken you for a B-26 Bombadier. Pilot or not,
your ego isn't that BIG and you do offer a little respect for others.

Rick
Old September 8th 04, 11:10 PM
Krztalizer

Hey, you could have shown her your big ole Seiko watch.

I always thought we were Required By Law to wear the automatic Seiko Diver; big
enough to be used as a signalling device, or to break a jaw with a backhand.
Glow in the dark, half-pound of semi-accurate timekeeping.
Old September 9th 04, 05:26 AM
Krztalizer

I always thought we were Required By Law to wear the automatic Seiko Diver;

big
enough to be used as a signalling device, or to break a jaw with a

backhand.
Glow in the dark, half-pound of semi-accurate timekeeping.

Heh, I think every SAR swimmer in the breadloaf hangars at NASNI wore
one of those (still have mine). Looked like a darn sun dial on my small
wrist...but when scuba diving, you couldn't ask for a better watch.

Agreed, Mike - and I still have mine too, still keeping time the way it always
has - when it wants to.

v/r
Gordon
USN SAR

Its always better to lose -an- engine, not -the- engine.