Corporate jet hourly cost?

Old September 7th 03, 03:33 PM
Tom S.

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
nk.net...
Maybe if your fuel is free. They list $1600/hr for a Citation X which

burns
over $900 in fuel per hour. There is no way that crew, maintenance,
overhaul reserves ect costs less than $700/hr.

Mike
MU-2

They quote $1416 for fuel.

From their web site:
http://www.jetsales.com/stage/jsftbu...mparisons.html

Gulfstream III : Included in Total Cost/Flt. Hour : $2,859.71
Fuel --- 1,416.00
Fuel Additives --- 0.00
Lubricants --- 0.00
Maintenance Labor --- 369.75
Parts Airframe/Eng/Avion --- 378.53
Engine Restoration --- 319.80
Thrust Reverser Overhaul --- 17.00
APU Overhaul --- 31.35
Dynamic Comp/Life Ltd Parts --- 0.00
Landing Parking --- 52.28
Crew Expenses -- 135.00
supplies/Catering --- 140.00
Other --- 0.00
Fractional Cost.Hour + Tax --- 0.00

"Tom S." wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
.net...
About $4-5000/hr not including depreciation. You pay for the time for

the
jet to get to where you want to start your trip, then for your trip

and
then
to return to its base, so you will be paying significantly more than

that
for the portion where you are on the airplane.

Mike
MU-2

$2850 for a Gulfstream III, including crew, maint reserve, catering...

http://www.jetsales.com/stage/jsftbu...mparisons.html

Old September 7th 03, 09:21 PM
CarSalesman

"Tom S." wrote in message

From their web site:
http://www.jetsales.com/stage/jsftbu...mparisons.html

Gulfstream III : Included in Total Cost/Flt. Hour : $2,859.71
Fuel --- 1,416.00
Fuel Additives --- 0.00
Lubricants --- 0.00
Maintenance Labor --- 369.75
Parts Airframe/Eng/Avion --- 378.53
Engine Restoration --- 319.80
Thrust Reverser Overhaul --- 17.00
APU Overhaul --- 31.35
Dynamic Comp/Life Ltd Parts --- 0.00
Landing Parking --- 52.28
Crew Expenses -- 135.00
supplies/Catering --- 140.00
Other --- 0.00
Fractional Cost.Hour + Tax --- 0.00

So I guess things like...
- interest
- depreciation
- hangar
- insurance

....are all free? It appears the figures given at jetsales.com are
only for variable costs.

don

Old September 8th 03, 03:16 AM
Mike Rapoport

So is the "crew expense" include their salary and benefits or is it only
meals, hotels. rental car ect? If the plane fly's 500hrs a year that is only
$67.5k for two pilots, their recurrent training (training will cost many
thousand per year and they will need transportation, hotel, meals ect for
the week that they are training) and a flight attendant? Even at 1000hrs/yr
the numbers don't work. The other bugaboo for jets is that on short trips,
fuel burn can be double. I'm not debating the figures since I don't have a
G-III but they seem low compared to aircraft I am familiar with.

When I was a student pilot, I saw an ad for a Commander 114B that claimed a
cost of ownership of $2000/month. I called them to buy one and they
explained that the $2000 figure was after tax if you lived in the highest
tax jurisdiction. It also assumed that you got great deals on fuel and
maintenance. I think it also was net of the airline fares that you saved by
flying yourself. I have been skeptical of suspiciously low cost claims ever
since.

Mike

MU-2

"Tom S." wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
nk.net...
Maybe if your fuel is free. They list $1600/hr for a Citation X which

burns
over $900 in fuel per hour. There is no way that crew, maintenance,
overhaul reserves ect costs less than $700/hr.

Mike
MU-2

They quote $1416 for fuel.

From their web site:

Old September 8th 03, 04:41 AM
Tom S.

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
nk.net...
So is the "crew expense" include their salary and benefits or is it only
meals, hotels. rental car ect? If the plane fly's 500hrs a year that is

only
$67.5k for two pilots, their recurrent training (training will cost many
thousand per year and they will need transportation, hotel, meals ect for
the week that they are training) and a flight attendant? Even at

1000hrs/yr
the numbers don't work. The other bugaboo for jets is that on short trips,
fuel burn can be double. I'm not debating the figures since I don't have a
G-III but they seem low compared to aircraft I am familiar with.

For a Citation III :
http://www.omnijet.com/database/cit3...t3710costs.xls

When I was a student pilot, I saw an ad for a Commander 114B that claimed

cost of ownership of $2000/month. I called them to buy one and they
explained that the $2000 figure was after tax if you lived in the highest
tax jurisdiction. It also assumed that you got great deals on fuel and
maintenance. I think it also was net of the airline fares that you saved

by
flying yourself. I have been skeptical of suspiciously low cost claims

ever
since.

Notice they ALWAYS use the caveat "As little as $xxxx per month".

Expect the same hype when dealing with car salesmen as when dealing with
aircraft salesmen.

Or any salesman for that matter, or politicians...

Old September 8th 03, 04:44 AM
Tony

Thats why I put I think.

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.
Old September 16th 03, 09:22 AM
MeanMel18

As Far As Hourly i don't know but mantance alone is about $6 million for the
first 12 yrs of operation.
Old September 16th 03, 04:15 PM
Tom S.

"Scott" wrote in message ...
When they did a little show about corporate jets on the History Channel,

it
was $2k per hour plus landing fees and taxes.\

Which ones? The gas hogs, G-V's...?

A CJ1, with single pilot/owner flown, will run about $620-750 an hour, and a
Gulfstream will run about $4000-5000 an hour for fixed and variable costs