C206H w/Leica camera mount STC for sale

Old January 26th 05, 01:08 PM
Juan Jimenez

Default C206H w/Leica camera mount STC for sale

If anyone is interested, there is a 2002 C206H with the STC for the Leica
camera mount for air photography for sale here in Puerto Rico. The camera
that the STC is for is supposedly the same camera as was used in the U-2
spyplane (very large camera used for serious air-ground photography,
gyro-stabilized, computer controlled, and all of that). The owner is asking
a minimum amount to take over the mortgage.

The camera is also for sale, but it's been removed from the aircraft, is
sitting in more luggage than Zsa Zsa Gabor lugs around and it's worth at
least twice the value of the airplane.

Email if you are interested in this bird (or the camera).

Old January 27th 05, 03:15 AM
jsmith

What field is it at?

Old January 27th 05, 01:38 PM
Juan Jimenez

Right now it is at TJIG (also known as SIG), Fernando Luis Ribas Dominicci
airport, just west of SJU.

"jsmith" wrote in message
What field is it at?

Old January 31st 05, 04:45 PM

As I recall, there was a plane and camera setup like this stolen some
time ago. I have been looking for the website where this was posted,
but have not come up with it. Buyer Beware!

Bob

Old January 31st 05, 05:10 PM
C J Campbell

wrote in message
oups.com...
As I recall, there was a plane and camera setup like this stolen some
time ago. I have been looking for the website where this was posted,
but have not come up with it. Buyer Beware!

The STC is not exactly rare. Anyone who buys an airplane without a title
search is nuts.

Old January 31st 05, 08:10 PM
Juan Jimenez

Sorry, this one's not it. This is was bought as a demo, then had the STC
done and is financed through Cessna Finance...

oups.com...

Old January 31st 05, 08:12 PM
Juan Jimenez

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
news

wrote in message
oups.com...
As I recall, there was a plane and camera setup like this stolen some
time ago. I have been looking for the website where this was posted,
but have not come up with it. Buyer Beware!

The STC is not exactly rare. Anyone who buys an airplane without a title
search is nuts.

VERY true. The one for sale in PR is N52728. Anyone can check the
registry to find the info on it. Nice airplane. I've been thinking of buying
it myself and putting it to work.

Old January 31st 05, 11:04 PM

In rec.aviation.misc Juan Jimenez wrote:

There is a C206 available in Colorado... "6RS", I believe N75 or N736RS.
I think it is offered at $122K.

I know the owner... I can put you in touch.

Send email.

Jer/

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
news

wrote in message
oups.com...
As I recall, there was a plane and camera setup like this stolen some
time ago. I have been looking for the website where this was posted,
but have not come up with it. Buyer Beware!

The STC is not exactly rare. Anyone who buys an airplane without a title
search is nuts.

VERY true. The one for sale in PR is N52728. Anyone can check the
registry to find the info on it. Nice airplane. I've been thinking of buying
it myself and putting it to work.

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB http://users.frii.com/jer/
Old January 31st 05, 11:48 PM
jsmith

Hill Aviation had a C206 eight years ago when I live on the south side
of the harbor in Hato Rey. I never really wondered why they wouldn't
allow it to be rented overnight.

Old February 1st 05, 04:59 AM
Juan Jimenez

"jsmith" wrote in message
news
Hill Aviation had a C206 eight years ago when I live on the south side of
the harbor in Hato Rey. I never really wondered why they wouldn't allow it
to be rented overnight.

It wasn't rented, period, only charters. I wanted to get the high
performance endorsement on it but they wouldn't even do that. My guess was
the problem was insurance. Eventually I took advantage of a biz trip and
landed at Attitude Aviation in Livermore, CA, did the high perf and complex
on a 210 and the taildragger on a 7ECA.

If you remember Hill, you must know Bill Duncan. We might have even crossed
paths at some point.

Juan