Cobra Gas Struts

Old March 31st 15, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

Default Cobra Gas Struts

Anyone out there have a source for Cobra trailer gas struts in the US?

The trailer has an aluminum top and holds the Duo stab and wing tips.

Two numbers have been written on the inside of the trailer next to the struts: 455 and 1100.

Thanks

Karl Striedieck
Old March 31st 15, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Williams Soaring...
Old March 31st 15, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Caldwell (BC)

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 8:22:52 AM UTC-6, Karl Striedieck wrote:
Anyone out there have a source for Cobra trailer gas struts in the US?

The trailer has an aluminum top and holds the Duo stab and wing tips.

Two numbers have been written on the inside of the trailer next to the struts: 455 and 1100.

Thanks

Karl Striedieck

Actually I believe Wings and Wheels has taken over all of the Cobra parts sales that used to be at Williams

BC
Old March 31st 15, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 9:22:52 AM UTC-5, Karl Striedieck wrote:
Anyone out there have a source for Cobra trailer gas struts in the US?

The trailer has an aluminum top and holds the Duo stab and wing tips.

Two numbers have been written on the inside of the trailer next to the struts: 455 and 1100.

Thanks

Karl Striedieck

Wings and Wheels. 455 is your key number, 1100 is the number of newtons in your gas struts. Call or use their on-line ordering system. If you order on line, you need to make sure you put in the comments what force you need, because when I ordered some, they just had single seat and two seat categories. And the force I needed was only shown in the single seat category, and teh trailer is for an AS-H25.

Steve Leonard
Old March 31st 15, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 10:22:52 AM UTC-4, Karl Striedieck wrote:
Anyone out there have a source for Cobra trailer gas struts in the US?

The trailer has an aluminum top and holds the Duo stab and wing tips.

Two numbers have been written on the inside of the trailer next to the struts: 455 and 1100.

Thanks

Karl Striedieck

Thanks guys.W+W does have Cobra stock, but the struts they had were 1200N as opposed to the 1100N on my trailer. On a warm day with the stab and tips out the top was very hard to pull down so another 100N wouldn't help. I'll use a friend's unused ASK-21 strut for the month it will take to get two struts from Deutschland via a glider container to Eastern Sailplane.

Karl Striedieck

Old April 1st 15, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HGXC[_3_]

I have a 30 year old aluminum cobra trailer and my struts were 900 and I used a 1100 replacement. I have no issue lowering the top.

Dennis
Old April 1st 15, 11:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 10:22:52 AM UTC-4, Karl Striedieck wrote:
Anyone out there have a source for Cobra trailer gas struts in the US?

The trailer has an aluminum top and holds the Duo stab and wing tips.

Two numbers have been written on the inside of the trailer next to the struts: 455 and 1100.

Thanks

Karl Striedieck

I had good luck ordering them directly from Agnes Spindelberger about 5 years ago. My trailer was an aluminum top 1992 vintage.. Price was OK and I had them in less than two weeks. With Euro low now price should be even better. Getting exactly the right length and force was critical. They can help you based on your trailer serial number. I mistakenly reversed the strut and trailer top would not completely close. Email support from Spindelberger solved the problem. Make note of which end attaches to the top and which to the bottom when removing the old one. Consider doing the access hatch up front too.

Stuart Grant
Old April 1st 15, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 10:22:52 AM UTC-4, Karl Striedieck wrote:
Anyone out there have a source for Cobra trailer gas struts in the US?

The trailer has an aluminum top and holds the Duo stab and wing tips.

Two numbers have been written on the inside of the trailer next to the struts: 455 and 1100.

Thanks

Karl Striedieck

That was my first attempt, but a check three weeks later revealed that nothing had been done with the reason given that new shipping requirements were more complicated.
Old April 1st 15, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Karl - last time I needed struts Agnes handed them to me at Aero,
and I checked them through direct on return flight (with no packaging,
just tags). Amazingly was easy, no hassle, arrived here OK.
I'm not going to Aero this year but perhaps someone else on
this newsgroup could fetch them?
Hope that helps,
Best Regards, Dave
Old April 1st 15, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Have you thought of getting them repaired/regassed? Google revealed
several options; here's one:
http://www.sgs-engineering.com/gas-s...assing-service

--
Dan Marotta