Cobra Gas Struts

Old April 16th 15, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default Cobra Gas Struts

I see Karl took my advice and his Duo is up for sale. I wonder what the replacement is?

Mike
Old April 16th 15, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 10:22:52 AM UTC-4, Karl Striedieck wrote:
Anyone out there have a source for Cobra trailer gas struts in the US?

The trailer has an aluminum top and holds the Duo stab and wing tips.

Two numbers have been written on the inside of the trailer next to the struts: 455 and 1100.

Thanks

Karl Striedieck

A new one it is. But "parity" these days is another $45K above the asking price.

Meanwhile, the strut from the Arcus trailer is working fine until new ones sail in.

Old April 16th 15, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Karl:

Do I get a ride in the new ship for getting the right answer to your problem?

Mike
Old April 16th 15, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 9:23:58 AM UTC-4, Mike the Strike wrote:
Thanks for all the input!

When your trailer gas struts fail, it's a sign that you've owned your glider too long. Time to order a new one! (The Euro is heading down to parity with the US dollar).

Mike

check W&W XD
Old April 17th 15, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 10:22:52 AM UTC-4, Karl Striedieck wrote:
Anyone out there have a source for Cobra trailer gas struts in the US?

The trailer has an aluminum top and holds the Duo stab and wing tips.

Two numbers have been written on the inside of the trailer next to the struts: 455 and 1100.

Thanks

Karl Striedieck

Mike, OK, come to Pa to collect.
Old April 17th 15, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

What is the intended new sailplane? Arcus, ASG-32, ASH-30, or perhaps the 2-seater that Windward was supposedly working on at some point?
Old April 17th 15, 06:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BG[_4_]

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 7:22:52 AM UTC-7, Karl Striedieck wrote:
Anyone out there have a source for Cobra trailer gas struts in the US?

The trailer has an aluminum top and holds the Duo stab and wing tips.

Two numbers have been written on the inside of the trailer next to the struts: 455 and 1100.

Thanks

Karl Striedieck

Easy Lift has been a great place to find every strut in my glider and tralial

Old April 17th 15, 06:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BG[_4_]

Easylift has been a great resource for every strut in my DG 800 and cobra trailer.

The notation inside your trailer top written in a Sharpie pen give you the extended length and force in Newtons.

BG

n Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 3:20:21 PM UTC-7, Jim wrote:
On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 6:21:43 AM UTC-4, Karl Striedieck wrote:
On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 10:22:52 AM UTC-4, Karl Striedieck wrote:
Anyone out there have a source for Cobra trailer gas struts in the US?

The trailer has an aluminum top and holds the Duo stab and wing tips.

Two numbers have been written on the inside of the trailer next to the struts: 455 and 1100.

Thanks

Karl Striedieck

I checked McMaster Carr and Grainger who offer a huge selection of gas struts, but none come close to the specs needed. Almost all are too small and the various other dimensions would have to be just right.

Meanwhile, I've borrowed a strut from an idle Arcus trailer until my new struts (from Spindleberger) arrive on a container in a month.

Thanks for all the input!

Karl,
Save time AND money and just call EasyLift in FL. Tell them the force, fastener type (eyelet,etc) and open&closed length.
Bansbach Easylift of North America, Inc.
50 West Drive
Melbourne, FL 32904
Tel (321) 253-1999
Fax (321) 253-5546

www.easylift.com

Old April 17th 15, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 10:22:52 AM UTC-4, Karl Striedieck wrote:
Anyone out there have a source for Cobra trailer gas struts in the US?

The trailer has an aluminum top and holds the Duo stab and wing tips.

Two numbers have been written on the inside of the trailer next to the struts: 455 and 1100.

Thanks

Karl Striedieck

BG,

I tried Easylift again (Carlos) and he said the longest gas spring they have is 400 mm and my Cobra trailer springs are 1550 mm.

That's the same answer I got on an earlier call.

He asked for a part number if you have such, or any invoice or names

KS
Old April 17th 15, 08:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
danlj

Karl, contact Williams Soaring with the numbers. They will have our can obtain replacement has struts. They replaced mine last summer. The mechanics at the local FBO did the work.
Dan