Autotow Antares 23

Old September 14th 16, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom (TK)

Default Autotow Antares 23

This is a link that should go directly to the newsletter issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3t...ew?usp=sharing
Old September 15th 16, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 3:27:45 PM UTC-6, Tom (TK) wrote:
1. Do they have a website that is in English? If so, can you provide the URL? I tried looking for it and was unsuccessful...

http://www.lange-aviation.com/

Google auto translates for me. We are working on an English website.

2. Do you expect any future changes to their current sailplane offering?

20E
23E
23T (Solo sustainer)

The 18T will no longer be offered

3. I do recall reading somewhere that there were (perhaps) some financial issues at Lange. If that info was correct, has that all been resolved? If that was never an issue, please confirm.

This was one of the questions I asked when I visited the factory in Germany as I had heard these rumors also. I was told that this was not the case and Mr Lange shared financial information with me that set my mind at ease. Lange Aviation does not derive it's main income from manufacturing sailplanes, they are a research company that manufactures sailplanes. They have many government and industry/manufacturing partners. Their next big project will be the H3 powered by a diesel fuel cell. They are constantly improving on their designs with an upgrade path for older models. A perfect example of this is their charge plus upgrade.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/f...npleEZyZm9aNTQ

I wrote a short article for our club newsletter(Soaring Club of Houston). You will see in the pictures many sailplanes in different stages of production. They are producing one a month and have a few delivery positions still open in early 2017. Charter companies have been buying and using the aircraft in Europe and Namibia with great reliability. In the article I also wrote about product support -check it out.

I think they are doing great things and as soon as I sell my ASG-29 I will be ordering a new -23E.

Tom
Thanks for all of the additional information. It is much appreciated!

I also look forward to the English version of the Lange website.

Thanks again - Renny
Old September 15th 16, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

100 mph auto tow? That seems insanely fast. What is the max recommended ground launch speed on the Antares?
Old September 15th 16, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom (TK)

On Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 12:32:05 PM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
100 mph auto tow? That seems insanely fast. What is the max recommended ground launch speed on the Antares?

Max aerotow speed 185kph/115mph
Max winch speed 160kph/100mph
Old September 15th 16, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andor Holtsmark[_2_]

At 17:32 15 September 2016, Tony wrote:
100 mph auto tow? That seems insanely fast. What is the max recommended
ground launch speed on the Antares?

During flight testing, the edges of the envelope must be tested. The nice
middle bits are then left for the customers to play with.

Antares 20E for sale Dave Nadler Soaring 15 April 26th 17 09:31 PM
18m Antares johngalloway[_3_] Soaring 1 January 15th 12 01:49 AM
Antares H2 video Dave Nadler Soaring 7 May 14th 10 04:52 PM
Antares [email protected] Soaring 3 August 26th 07 12:22 AM
Antares article David Kinsell Soaring 0 October 21st 05 02:52 PM