(OT) MS Simmers

Old April 28th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan544

Default (OT) MS Simmers

I do not understand why so many of you real time pilots take such a negative
look at simmers.

I have always loved aviation. For me, because of physical limitations and
age, I will never be able to fly a real airplane alone.

I understand that it will never compare to rt experiences, and I also
understand that idiots like mxmaniac do not represent us simmers. It is a
game, but it does give us some little feel about flying.

I have a friend who flies for Continental on 737's from Newark,, He is
impressed with simming and says it is a good way to learn the basics, but
not a substitute for RT.

I enjoy listening and learning from you folks and I know we might post
stupid questions at times. Maybe we are jealous of you. I am. So please bear
with the ignorance.

Dan

Old April 28th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dan544 writes:

I do not understand why so many of you real time pilots take such a negative
look at simmers.

I think some pilots are more interested in aviation as a means to impress
others than as an end in itself. Such pilots are irritated by anyone who
seems to be trespassing on their turf. Pilots who are interested in aviation
for its own sake logically would not be bothered.

I understand that it will never compare to rt experiences, and I also
understand that idiots like mxmaniac do not represent us simmers.

Is an idiot anything like a cripple?

Old April 28th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Dan544" dan544p@hotmail wrote in message
I do not understand why so many of you real time pilots take such a
negative look at simmers.

Who would you be referring to?

I have always loved aviation. For me, because of physical limitations and
age, I will never be able to fly a real airplane alone.

Sorry to hear that.
..

I enjoy listening and learning from you folks and I know we might post
stupid questions at times.

Fire away...

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old April 28th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Dan544 dan544p@hotmail wrote:
I do not understand why so many of you real time pilots take such a negative
look at simmers.

I have always loved aviation. For me, because of physical limitations and
age, I will never be able to fly a real airplane alone.

I understand that it will never compare to rt experiences, and I also
understand that idiots like mxmaniac do not represent us simmers. It is a
game, but it does give us some little feel about flying.

I have a friend who flies for Continental on 737's from Newark,, He is
impressed with simming and says it is a good way to learn the basics, but
not a substitute for RT.

I enjoy listening and learning from you folks and I know we might post
stupid questions at times. Maybe we are jealous of you. I am. So please bear
with the ignorance.

As long as you don't argue with every answer you get, you should have
few problems.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old April 28th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
Dan544 writes:

I do not understand why so many of you real time pilots take such a negative
look at simmers.

I think some pilots are more interested in aviation as a means to impress
others than as an end in itself. Such pilots are irritated by anyone who
seems to be trespassing on their turf. Pilots who are interested in aviation
for its own sake logically would not be bothered.

I understand that it will never compare to rt experiences, and I also
understand that idiots like mxmaniac do not represent us simmers.

Is an idiot anything like a cripple?

Yes, it is a mental cripple.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old April 28th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"Dan544" wrote:

I do not understand why so many of you real time pilots take such a negative
look at simmers.

Nothing wrong with simmers, per se.

[snip]

I enjoy listening and learning from you folks and I know we might post
stupid questions at times. Maybe we are jealous of you. I am. So please bear
with the ignorance.

You don't have to fly real airplanes to post here. Anyone with a genuine
interest in flying is welcome.

It's boneheads, trolls and blowhards that get the bum's rush.

So, go ahead; ask away.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old April 28th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

"Dan544" dan544p@hotmail wrote in message
I do not understand why so many of you real time pilots take such a
negative look at simmers.

I have always loved aviation. For me, because of physical limitations and
age, I will never be able to fly a real airplane alone.

I understand that it will never compare to rt experiences, and I also
understand that idiots like mxmaniac do not represent us simmers. It is a
game, but it does give us some little feel about flying.

I have a friend who flies for Continental on 737's from Newark,, He is
impressed with simming and says it is a good way to learn the basics, but
not a substitute for RT.

I enjoy listening and learning from you folks and I know we might post
stupid questions at times. Maybe we are jealous of you. I am. So please
bear with the ignorance.

Dan

Although there might always be some people in any community as specialized
as a real world aviation newsgroup who might not interface well with the
flight simulator community, those who don't interact well are in the
minority by FAR.
On the other hand there are literally hundreds of pilots and aviation
enthusiasts out here from all over the world who not only interact well with
the sim community, but enjoy using the simulator themselves. Some, like
myself, even devote copious amounts of time working not only with those who
use the simulator, but also with Microsoft and developers doing design work
in the simulator program itself.
Please feel free to post here at any time you wish to interact and/or ask a
real world aviation question. If that question is presented properly, I'm
sure you will find the real world pilots who frequent these groups to be
friendly and responsive.
I believe that any simulator pilot posting to an actual aviation newsgroup
who approaches real life pilots in a pleasant and respectful manner will
have no problems along the lines you have indicated.
Dudley Henriques
Retired Professional Pilot
MVP Microsoft Flight Simulator

Old April 28th 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan544

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

[...]

Dudley.. Have seen you many times in the other NG.

I promise you folks with the little knowledge I have, I will not question
you.. Just here for the learning experience.

Dan

Old April 28th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan544

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Dan544 writes:

I think some pilots are more interested in aviation as a means to impress
others than as an end in itself. Such pilots are irritated by anyone who
seems to be trespassing on their turf. Pilots who are interested in
aviation
for its own sake logically would not be bothered.

Mx I am not getting into a battle with you in this room . I am here to
learn a little bit. I think as you grow older, impressing other people is
not the most inportant thing in life. Why dont you stop trying to impress
people with your intellect.

We all have dreams and sometimes we cant acheive them for many reasons. You
have dreams and for whatever reasons you miss your goals you need to blame
it on others.

I think you are a very intelligent man Mx. It is a shame that you turn so
many people off.. You have many good arguments, but the presentation leaves
a lot to be desired.

Is an idiot anything like a cripple?

Sorry.. It is not my style to charactarize anyone like that..

My last post on this. Have a good day.

Dan

Old April 28th 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dan544 writes:

Is an idiot anything like a cripple?

Sorry.. It is not my style to charactarize anyone like that..

You said "idiots like mxmaniac." I was wondering if you ridicule people in
other equally cruel and thoughtless ways as well. You know, people who have,
say, physical limitations, or age.