Diesel

Old December 19th 04, 10:46 PM
Robert Bates

Default Diesel

Is there such a thing as a smaller (used market) diesel other than the
current batch that is being developed? I have researched the Guiberson but
it is too large for a light twin and too small for something bigger like a
Beech 18. A site mentioned a six cylinder opposed engine developed from the
Guiberson but I have been unable to find much on it.

Old December 20th 04, 02:28 PM
Jan Carlsson

http://www.centurion-engines.com/index.htm
http://www.dair.co.uk/
http://www.deltahawkengines.com/
http://www.dac-ranger.nl/
http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl....free.fr/&prev
=/search%3Fq%3DDelvion%2Bjodel%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26i e%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8
http://www.wilksch.com/
http://www.zoche.de/

some info I have found on diesel engines, missing some like the Renault or
what ever it is called now. The Zoche seems to be very dead.

Jan Carlsson
www.jcpropellerdesign.com

Old December 23rd 04, 12:16 AM
Denny

The Zoche is dead because its builder never intended to build it: it
was a venture capital scheme.

The certificated diesels being introduced are going to be more
expensive than a Lycoming, because they are going to be a premium
alternative to a Lyc or a lower priced alternative to a turbine for
countries where "aviation fuel" means kerosene and the car gas is pure
swill. Since Lyc and Continental will not produce an engine for car
gas under its issued ATC and many countries don't recognize the US
STC's, even if their car gas was usable, this makes economic sense.

There are several experimental-market engines like the Deltahawk out
there but I don't know if they are actually shipping. There are
conversions of general purpose production diesels such as the Isuzu
used in Dieselis, and if you speak French maybe you can get a set of
plans from them. They refuse to speak English, even though of course
if it weren't for us they'd be speaking German, but that's another
issue.

Old December 23rd 04, 02:30 AM
Robert Bates

I read about the new VW Passat diesel which makes 134hp but I was hoping for
150-180hp for an experimental Apache.

oups.com...

Old December 23rd 04, 05:10 AM
kumaros

Robert Bates wrote:
I read about the new VW Passat diesel which makes 134hp but I was hoping for
150-180hp for an experimental Apache.

Lots of new Diesels coming onto the market, among them some very
interesting ~ 200 HP V6's from all major manufacturers:
Isuzu (GM) V6, 3 liters, 177 HP (all aluminum, should be lightweight)
VW, V6 TDI (from the Touareg, Phaeton, maybe Passat too), 225 HP, weight
ca. 400 lbs., 500 Newton meters of torque from 1750 RPM !!!
DaimlerChrysler V6, 3 liters, 224 HP, weight ~ 400 lbs., 510 Nm torque
from 1600 - 2800 RPM !!! Maybe no redrive needed?
Ford-Jaguar-PSA V6 2.7 liters, ~ 200 HP
By the time the airframe of my prospected Cozy/Aerocanard will be
finished, there should be enough SUV's etc. wrecked for beautiful
salvaged engines.
Kumaros
It's all Greek to me

Diesel engine Bryan Home Built 41 May 1st 04 07:23 PM
diesel 160-200HP engines geo Home Built 27 April 2nd 04 04:27 PM
Diesel Jodel information..........and .........diesel plane groups Roland M Home Built 1 January 4th 04 04:04 AM
Diesel engines- forced induction, power-weight Jay Home Built 4 December 7th 03 09:23 AM
Diesel engines for Planes Yahoo Group Jodel Diesel is Isuzu Citroen Peugeot Roland M Home Built 3 September 13th 03 12:44 AM