Be cheap!

Old December 14th 11, 07:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Be cheap!

What's the cheapest, but still much appreciated, glider toy you can
give your friends (or yourself) for Christmas?

MKIV "high tech" yaw string or Quiet Vent kit (reduces wind noise from
Mecaplex flip-out vent by 10dba in my ASH26E).

Now available at Cumulus Soaring too.

Merry Christmas!

bumper
zz
Minden
Old December 14th 11, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Dec 14, 1:04*am, bumper wrote:
What's the cheapest, but still much appreciated, glider toy you can
give your friends (or yourself) for Christmas?

MKIV "high tech" yaw string or Quiet Vent kit (reduces wind noise from
Mecaplex flip-out vent by 10dba in my ASH26E).

Now available at Cumulus Soaring too.

Merry Christmas!

bumper
zz
Minden

hmm might have to get one or ten of those for my wife...
Old December 14th 11, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

hmm might have to get one or ten of those for my wife...

Tony,

An excellent idea! Must admit I had not even considered it, but you'd
be able to tell which way she was leaning or which way the wind was
blowing. Not a bad start towards understanding the distaff side.

I'll have to get back to you on optimal placement for those 10 MKIV
yaw strings. This will require extensive testing for sure and I may
need to find some, ahh,more modern faster moving "test vehicles".

bumper
zz
Old December 14th 11, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

On Dec 14, 9:22*am, bumper wrote:
hmm might have to get one or ten of those for my wife...

Tony,

An excellent idea! Must admit I had not even considered it, but you'd
be able to tell which way she was leaning or which way the wind was
blowing. *Not a bad start towards understanding the distaff side.

I'll have to get back to you on optimal placement for those 10 MKIV
yaw strings. This will require extensive testing for sure and I may
need to find some, ahh,more modern faster moving "test vehicles".

bumper
zz

I was thinking of the 'Quiet Vent' for my wife...
Old December 15th 11, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

I was thinking of the 'Quiet Vent' for my wife...

let us know how that works out for you. that is, if you can still type
after being released from the hospital.
Old December 15th 11, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Dec 14, 6:04*pm, Tony wrote:
I was thinking of the 'Quiet Vent' for my wife...

let us know how that works out for you. that is, if you can still type
after being released from the hospital.

For the lady in your life: two MKIVs and a Quiet Vent, stategically
applied.

Moet is suggested as a pre-installation wetting agent...

Extra points for counter-rotating yaw strings!

Kirk
66
Old December 15th 11, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

On Dec 14, 6:29*pm, "kirk.stant" wrote:
On Dec 14, 6:04*pm, Tony wrote:

Moet is suggested as a pre-installation wetting agent...

O M G

I admit to the glass of muscat before reading this thread,
but my gosh I am laughing hard.
Maybe it is due to never having been a wife.

I will have to resume visiting r.a.s. more than once a month.

Thanks, guys.

Cindy B

Old December 15th 11, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CLewis95

On Dec 14, 1:04*am, bumper wrote:
What's the cheapest, but still much appreciated, glider toy you can
give your friends (or yourself) for Christmas?

MKIV "high tech" yaw string or Quiet Vent kit (reduces wind noise from
Mecaplex flip-out vent by 10dba in my ASH26E).

Now available at Cumulus Soaring too.

Merry Christmas!

bumper
zz
Minden

Have there been any reports of these products interfering with the
PowerFLARM units?

Curt - 95
Old December 15th 11, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF

Best Damn Yaw String Ever! and the batteries never run down.