Get your Glider Rating - Texas

Old December 1st 04, 04:57 PM
Burt Compton

Default Get your Glider Rating - Texas

Glider (Sailplane) Instruction to initial Solo, or to a Private, Commercial or
CFI add-on rating. See www.flygliders.com

Likely the most fun rating to earn, with personal instruction by Burt Compton,
Master/Gold Seal CFI-Glider/Airplane. Located in the high-country of Marfa,
Texas, site of many US National Soaring Contests. Big, quiet airport with two,
long, into-the-wind runways. MRF field elevation is almost 5,000' so the
weather is mild year-round. We are on a grassy plateau, near the Davis
Mountains, between Carlsbad Caverns and Big Bend National Parks. Marfa is an
art / film-making community with great scenery, Texas hospitality and good
restaurants. Major Airline service to El Paso (ELP) and Midland (MAF) Texas.

Add-On Glider Rating to your existing FAA Pilot Certificate requires no written
test, no medical certificate. Adding the rating also satisfies your (Biennial)
Flight Review. Time and cost varies with your aviation background, but we
make it as efficient as we can to meet your needs. E-mail
for training time/cost estimates. FAA Designated Examiner on staff.

Towpilot Endorsements also available (fly the towplane at your local soaring
club and earn free flying time!). FAA minimum to fly a towplane is PVT ASEL
and 100 hr. Airplane PIC. We use a Cessna 150 with 180 HP and a climb prop.

Our guest cottages are available just 3 miles from the airport. RV hookups on
the airport. Nice motels in Marfa, Fort Davis, and Alpine, TX

See our website:
www.flygliders.com
e-mail:

We'll show you a good time!