what is this mystery pratt and whitney tool?

Old October 11th 09, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Steve Hix[_2_]

Default what is this mystery pratt and whitney tool?

In article ,
brian whatcott wrote:

Stealth Pilot wrote:
..
reminds me of the disassembly of my Auster. armed with a full set of
good quality A/F spanners I was horrified to find that not one spanner
fitted The entire aircraft had to be disassembled with two adjustable
jaw spanners.
why the poms used BA I'll never know.

Stealth Pilot

.er... the BA was an effort at going metric! Then there was BSF, BSWhit
BSBike, BSPipe, RAS and several others that I forget.

I thought it was bad enough with a Morris Minor I once owned that,
depending on what I was working on, required either metric, inch, or
Whitworth sockets.

Didn't know how lucky I was...
Old October 12th 09, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Brian Whatcott

Steve Hix wrote:
In article ,
brian whatcott wrote:

Stealth Pilot wrote:
..
reminds me of the disassembly of my Auster. armed with a full set of
good quality A/F spanners I was horrified to find that not one spanner
fitted The entire aircraft had to be disassembled with two adjustable
jaw spanners.
why the poms used BA I'll never know.

Stealth Pilot

.er... the BA was an effort at going metric! Then there was BSF, BSWhit
BSBike, BSPipe, RAS and several others that I forget.

I thought it was bad enough with a Morris Minor I once owned that,
depending on what I was working on, required either metric, inch, or
Whitworth sockets.

Didn't know how lucky I was...

well...there's SAE of course, and metric both sure to be found on
recent US production.
But there has been Unified, ANC, ANF, NatStdPipe and a few others I
forget....

Brian W