Ladies & Gentlemen: Happy Fourth!

Old July 4th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_1_]

Default Ladies & Gentlemen: Happy Fourth!

"Jay Honeck" wrote

Just think...were it not for those brave Canadians who gave their all
by beating us at Quebec, we, too, would be ending every sentence with
"...eh?"

Down South, we would be saying, "eh, ya'll" right? g
--
Jim in NC

Old July 4th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Quilljar wrote:

For all its foibles, we Americans still live in the free-est
country in history, and let's not ever forget it. Better yet,
let's make sure it stays that way!

Now go celebrate Independence Day -- by flying!

I think it is great that you guys feel that America is free. In many ways it
is. I have been there many times and have visited more than 20 other
countries regularly and over 150 cities around the world. I can assure you
that it feels just as free in most of them as it does in America. To call it
the Land of the Free is a nice patriotic gesture, but don't exaggerate your
own Hollywood propaganda and fall into the trap of thinking it is the ONLY
place.
After several years service in the Navy, I recall that Malaysia was the
country in which I felt the most freedom and where I would have gladly
settled, but Australia and New Zealand are well up there with the USA.

Not even close. Firearms are much more restricted in Australia than
here. I'm not familiar with NZ laws in this area. And GA down under is
also much more restricted.

Matt
Old July 4th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Bob Noel wrote:

In article ,
Larry Dighera wrote:

Enjoy your freedom while you can. It can't continue if the religious
right stays in power.

false premise

If
you've got something to say, say it.

I did. You have a false premise.

Bob, I think you need to explain to him what premise means.

Matt
Old July 4th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Quilljar

Matt Whiting wrote:
Quilljar wrote:

For all its foibles, we Americans still live in the free-est
country in history, and let's not ever forget it. Better yet,
let's make sure it stays that way!

Now go celebrate Independence Day -- by flying!

Not even close. Firearms are much more restricted in Australia than
here. I'm not familiar with NZ laws in this area. And GA down under
is also much more restricted.

Matt

Hmmm, I would have thought that restricting firearms was increasing the
freedom of people who don't want to be shot! Ah! Maybe that is why you call
it 'The Land of the Brave' !

--
Cheers Quilly

For four good books to read look at...
http://www.quilljar.btinternet.co.uk/covers.htm
Buy three or four altogether and get economy postage.

Old July 4th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Hmmm, I would have thought that restricting firearms was increasing the
freedom of people who don't want to be shot! Ah! Maybe that is why you call
it 'The Land of the Brave' !

What a bizarre concept of freedom.

Trust me: One of the only reasons we have maintained our freedom for
over 230 years is because every American politician knows that every
citizen is potentially armed.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 4th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 16:46:07 -0400, Bob Noel
wrote in
::

In article ,
Larry Dighera wrote:

Enjoy your freedom while you can. It can't continue if the religious
right stays in power.

false premise

If
you've got something to say, say it.

I did. You have a false premise.

So you agree with my conclusion; you just challenge my premise on
technical grounds?

Old July 4th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On 4 Jul 2006 15:09:43 -0700, "Jay Honeck" wrote
in . com::

Trust me: One of the only reasons we have maintained our freedom for
over 230 years is because every American politician knows that every
citizen is potentially armed.

That's the same thing that inspires courtesy among Los Angeles
motorists. :-)

Old July 4th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marc CYBW

The answer to your question:

Canada and the United States.

Happy 4th to all our southern friends.

Marc
CYBW

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
To my Fellow Americans: Happy Independence Day!

Just think, if we hadn't won the war for independence from Great
Britain, some 230 years ago, we all wouldn't be speaking Spanish
today... :-)

Seriously, where else can a man hop in his own airplane, load it up
with car gas, and take his family for a 9 day flight around the Great
Lakes, without ever once being required to fill out paperwork or bribe
some petty government official? Where else can one land at literally
thousands of airfields, borrow a car, and head off to see the sights,
knowing full-well that the aircraft will still be there when we return?

For all its foibles, we Americans still live in the free-est country in
history, and let's not ever forget it. Better yet, let's make sure it
stays that way!

Now go celebrate Independence Day -- by flying!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 4th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Larry Dighera wrote:

So you agree with my conclusion; you just challenge my premise on
technical grounds?

sigh

start with a false premise and the conclusion is automatically suspect.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old July 5th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
Matt Whiting wrote:

Quilljar wrote:

[...]

It might have something to do with a group of former "colonialist" that
rebelled about 230 years ago. The British banned gun ownership in the
remining colonies to avoid a repeat of future independence movements.
:-))