Happy Thanksgiving!

Old November 23rd 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Happy Thanksgiving!

To all the American pilots and aviation enthusiasts who have made this
group so fun and educational for me over the years, please accept my
heartfelt thanks and best wishes on this Thanksgiving holiday!

We have so much to be thankful for, here in the United States (and so
much to be concerned with, of course) -- but suffice it to say that (as
long as we keep the blue up and the brown down) we are blessed to live
where we live. And we are even more blessed to be able to partake in
this joyous thing we call "aviation". What an amazing time to be
alive!

And, to all of our friends from outside the USA, well, I can only hope
that y'all have a a holiday sorta like "Thanksgiving" in *your* country
-- cuz it's by FAR the best holiday of the year!

:-)

Happy Thanksgiving!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 23rd 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

(as long as we keep the blue up and the brown down)

Hey.. what about aerobatic pilots?

Jose
--
"There are 3 secrets to the perfect landing. Unfortunately, nobody knows
what they are." - (mike).
Old November 23rd 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

I spent the afternoon yesterday making apple pies, my mother's and her
mother's crust recipe.

1 cup flour
1 cube butter
1 teaspoon salt

For the crust, there is no substitute for real butter. It was pouring down
rain and thunderstorms. But today I see a patch of blue. I think I'll fly
out and circle her grave.

Best wishes to all of you, including the great pilots who just like to vent
their every day frustrations on RAP's willing victims.

And...............................MERRY CHRISTMAS..............just around
the corner.

Karl
"Curator" N185KG
Fusion is the key to world peace.

ps.com...

Old November 23rd 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

On 2006-11-23, Jay Honeck wrote:
To all the American pilots and aviation enthusiasts who have made this
group so fun and educational for me over the years, please accept my
heartfelt thanks and best wishes on this Thanksgiving holiday!

Just a workday for us. But also Election Day too - polls open from 8am
to 8pm. Not that you'll hear about the national elections for an island
of less than 80,000 people - even if it is the longest continuously
running democratic parliament in the world, and the first in the world
to grant women suffrage.

Old November 23rd 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

For the crust, there is no substitute for real butter. It was pouring down
rain and thunderstorms. But today I see a patch of blue. I think I'll fly
out and circle her grave.

What a wonderful way to pay tribute.

Enjoy the pies!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 23rd 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("karl gruber" wrote)
Best wishes to all of you, including the great pilots who just like to
vent their every day frustrations on RAP's willing victims.

This year we're (SLOW) cooking a Thanksgiving pot roast - our favorite dish
the rest of the year.

Wonderful piece of meat
Jim Burns Potatoes
Fresh radishes
Fresh (organic) baby peeled carrots
Apple slices - to be added latter (the last hour)
Two CD size (1/2 inch thick) onion slices under the meat
Two more giant onion slices on top of the meat
Water - no onion soup mix (too much salt)
Cover with tin foil for 3.5 hours
4.5 hours total @ 275F

We'll eat at 2300Z

Happy Thanksgiving r.a.p.

Montblack
Six Grain Belt Premium beers have also been ICED down ...for the meal.

Old November 23rd 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Montblack wrote:

("karl gruber" wrote)

Best wishes to all of you, including the great pilots who just like to
vent their every day frustrations on RAP's willing victims.

This year we're (SLOW) cooking a Thanksgiving pot roast - our favorite dish
the rest of the year.

Prime rib here. She's almost done.....
Old November 23rd 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Greg Farris

In article ,
says...

("karl gruber" wrote)
Best wishes to all of you, including the great pilots who just like to
vent their every day frustrations on RAP's willing victims.

This year we're (SLOW) cooking a Thanksgiving pot roast - our favorite dish
the rest of the year.

Wonderful piece of meat
Jim Burns Potatoes
Fresh radishes
Fresh (organic) baby peeled carrots
Apple slices - to be added latter (the last hour)
Two CD size (1/2 inch thick) onion slices under the meat
Two more giant onion slices on top of the meat
Water - no onion soup mix (too much salt)
Cover with tin foil for 3.5 hours
4.5 hours total @ 275F

We'll eat at 2300Z

Happy Thanksgiving r.a.p.

Montblack
Six Grain Belt Premium beers have also been ICED down ...for the meal.

Per person, I hope you mean. . . Sounds great otherwise

I would do Champagne before the meal, wine with the meal and save the beers
just on the off chance there's a poker game later on . . .

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Old November 24th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"Newps" wrote in message

Montblack wrote:

("karl gruber" wrote)

Best wishes to all of you, including the great pilots who just like to
vent their every day frustrations on RAP's willing victims.

This year we're (SLOW) cooking a Thanksgiving pot roast - our favorite
dish the rest of the year.

Prime rib here. She's almost done.....

Caribou venison! Yummmm!

Old November 24th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
N2310D

Because I'm fond of turkey, I do about four of them a year. My favorite
preparation is 'Dinde a la Rotesserie.' [Je ne parle pas bien Francaise --
or spell it either] That is turkey cooked on the rotisserie over charcoal
with liberal applications of wet hickory chips. Maybe four hours roasting
time if there is a breeze. Three and a half in still air, that happens once
every seven or eight years around here. The result is so tender that the
spit has to be handled gently else you shake the meat off. Talk about moist!
You know those three cups of drippings you get when you bake a turkey in a
pan? I'm lucky if I can catch a half cup under these birds -- the rest stays
in the meat.
I love living in the Mojave Desert.
Top it off with baked yams (brown sugar and marshmallow glaze), mashed
potatoes with giblet gravy, broccoli (sometimes green beans, in season).
servee with a couple bottles of home made golden zinfandel wine, and top it
all off with pumkin and blueberry pies served with fresh brewed coffee.

Hey, Ma! Is it time for fourths yet?

Happy Thanksgiving, all! Jay Honeck Piloting 13 November 28th 05 03:25 AM
A Meaningful Thanksgiving Day to all... Otis Willie Naval Aviation 0 November 24th 05 07:52 AM
TSA and Thanksgiving Capt.Doug Piloting 0 November 26th 04 02:17 AM
Happy Thanksgiving gaylon9 Rotorcraft 0 November 25th 04 03:28 PM
Happy Thanksgiving John Gaquin Piloting 1 November 26th 03 06:32 PM