CBS Newsflash: Rental trucks pose imminent and grave danger to national security

Old January 15th 04, 04:29 AM
Ron Lee

Default CBS Newsflash: Rental trucks pose imminent and grave danger to national security

Our crack reporter Bubba Fox has infiltrated a rogue terrorist cell
and uncovered a threat to use rental trucks in nefarious acts. His
indepth report will be shown on tomorrow's evening news.

We will show incontrovertable proof and made up bogusicity that rental
trucks are left in areas that are secured with triple fences of
electrically charged concertina wire with mined areas between rows of
fences.

Unlike GA aircraft, which require training to operate with
proficiency, almost any Islamic "Kill Americans" male can operate a
rental truck with potentially really bad implications.

Did you realize that for every commercial jet there are a thousand
rental trucks just waiting to be used by whoever?

Cut to a Rental Truck agent who confirms that you just need a driver's
license and credit card to rent any number of trucks for any length of
time. When asked if the trucks are monitored for illegal activities,
the agent states that it is impossible to do that.

The TV then shows scenes of rental trucks driving with no restriction
past schools, national monuments, large gatherings and the local
doughnut shop. The driver is not clearly shown but appears to be dark
haired with a moustache.

Cut back to the ace reporter Bubba Fox and he asks incredulously "How
can we allow anyone to rent these trucks and why aren't they kept in
fenced compounds with armed guards?"

Then an interview with a TSA official. He confirms that rental truck
security is lax and must be improved with the expenditure of billions
of dollars.

The segment ends with more pictures of rental trucks driving by
sensitive areas.

(Disclaimer: the preceding is a parody of the obviously idiotic
segment by CBS on GA aircraft security)

Old January 15th 04, 05:32 AM
Ron Lee

Did not know of their address plus they are unlikley to have a sense
of humor. Of course they may use it for their next expose.

Ron

"Greg Burkhart" wrote:

Did you copy on this??? ;-)

"Ron Lee" wrote in message
Our crack reporter Bubba Fox has infiltrated a rogue terrorist cell
and uncovered a threat to use rental trucks in nefarious acts. His
indepth report will be shown on tomorrow's evening news.
snip

Old January 15th 04, 06:19 AM
Ardna

Please tell me that it is not the same old piece of crap that they showed
about 2 years ago. It shows you how much fact checking they did on that show
when the reporter referred to the incorrect aircraft make, several times.

Ardna

"Ron Lee" wrote in message
Did not know of their address plus they are unlikley to have a sense
of humor. Of course they may use it for their next expose.

Ron

"Greg Burkhart" wrote:

Did you copy on this??? ;-)

Old January 15th 04, 03:07 PM