Air Force Form 181?

Old April 15th 05, 06:34 AM
Yossarian

Default Air Force Form 181?

Where to find? I would like to do a practice instrument approach at KPMD
(Palmdale) and I understand that this form is necessary, along with prior
approval.
Old April 15th 05, 11:01 AM
Dave S

I thought you just needed prior approval to LAND on a military strip.
Approach with go-around... I've been told (but cant prove at the moment)
is ok..

Dave

Old April 15th 05, 12:09 PM
Denny

While still outside their airspace call their tower... The controller
will tell you if he has the time to work some low approaches...

denny

Old April 15th 05, 04:41 PM
Newps

Dave S wrote:

I thought you just needed prior approval to LAND on a military strip.
Approach with go-around... I've been told (but cant prove at the moment)
is ok..

Yes.

Old April 15th 05, 05:52 PM
Bob Gardner

I have shot many approaches at military fields in the Puget Sound area...no
paperwork involved. But the wheels never touched the runway.

Bob Gardner

. 97.142...

Old April 16th 05, 01:51 AM
BTIZ

I've flown multiple approaches to PMD.. ILS and VOR... all to a low approach
to the missed approach or radar vectors back for another or climbed into the
holding pattern over head.. no AF Form needed.

BT

. 97.142...

Old April 16th 05, 02:59 AM
Yossarian

Yeah they had no problem with us doing the ILS, I was just trying to cover
all bases. The controllers were very friendly and helpful.

"BTIZ" wrote in

I've flown multiple approaches to PMD.. ILS and VOR... all to a low
approach to the missed approach or radar vectors back for another or
climbed into the holding pattern over head.. no AF Form needed.

BT

. 97.142...

Old April 16th 05, 06:00 AM
BTIZ

if you are flying from LAS area... here's the trick.. depart VFR to DAG,
join the airway south of LAS to start the VOR approach to DAG, the IAF is on
the airway NE of the DAG VOR, go missed and pick up the airway again, slight
right turn, pick up airways to Victorville, DME arc to the ILS or VOR, go
missed, the published missed holding pattern goes to the IAF for the ILS to
PMD, go missed, back to the VOR outbound for the VOR approached to PMD,
missed to the holding pattern at PMD Vor, then shoot either the VOR or ADF
approach to Lancaster, land for a break and lunch.

great work out.

BT

"Yossarian" wrote in message
. 97.142...
Yeah they had no problem with us doing the ILS, I was just trying to cover
all bases. The controllers were very friendly and helpful.

"BTIZ" wrote in

I've flown multiple approaches to PMD.. ILS and VOR... all to a low
approach to the missed approach or radar vectors back for another or
climbed into the holding pattern over head.. no AF Form needed.

BT

. 97.142...