As heard on 123.3........

Old October 4th 20, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair[_5_]

Default As heard on 123.3........

Honey, the trailer CAME OFF!
WHAT! WHERE?
Just outside of town!
Is the trailer all right?
Yes
(Pause)
Is the car all right?
Yes
(Long pause)
Are you all right?
Yes........ (longer pause).......Thanks for asking!
😳JJ
Old October 5th 20, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 4:17:51 PM UTC-4, John Sinclair wrote:
Honey, the trailer CAME OFF!
WHAT! WHERE?
Just outside of town!
Is the trailer all right?
Yes
(Pause)
Is the car all right?
Yes
(Long pause)
Are you all right?
Yes........ (longer pause).......Thanks for asking!
😳JJ

Good one! He has his priorities right! ;-)
Heard this one a while ago:
'Hey [XYZ] - turn on your radio!'

Uli
'AS'
Old October 5th 20, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Flying out of Parowan several years ago these 2 Germans flying out of Ely Nv come up on 123.3
After a bit it sounds like there together, low, trying to dig out.
They go wall to wall for a couple of minutes.
There's a little break and some wag keys up his Mic and says " Hey you Germans, Your in America, Speak Spanish.
That really cracked me up!
Nick
Old October 5th 20, 09:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_6_]

At 02:51 05 October 2020, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Flying out of Parowan several years ago these 2 Germans flying out of Ely
Nv come up on 123.3
After a bit it sounds like there together, low, trying to dig out.
They go wall to wall for a couple of minutes.
There's a little break and some wag keys up his Mic and says " Hey you
Germans, Your in America, Speak Spanish.
That really cracked me up!
Nick

During a Competition:
Crew to Pilot: " You have the Car Keys in your Pocket!"

Old October 5th 20, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Monday, October 5, 2020 at 4:30:06 AM UTC-4, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
At 02:51 05 October 2020, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Flying out of Parowan several years ago these 2 Germans flying out of Ely
Nv come up on 123.3
After a bit it sounds like there together, low, trying to dig out.
They go wall to wall for a couple of minutes.
There's a little break and some wag keys up his Mic and says " Hey you
Germans, Your in America, Speak Spanish.
That really cracked me up!
Nick

During a Competition:
Crew to Pilot: " You have the Car Keys in your Pocket!"

Another 'Classic' one is 'Hey [XYZ] - your mic is stuck!'

Uli
'AS'
Old October 5th 20, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair[_5_]

This isn’t particularly funny, but the radio call was.......I’m bailing out, now!.......The answer........OK, Honey!
As I recall, the guy had landed out the day before and ground-looped the bird which caused some undirected damage to his wing. After takeoff a large bulge developed in his left wing skin! After some discussion and with the bulge getting larger........he made the radio call.

Another memorable radio call was.............You better get out of there!...........long pause, then........ good chute near Red Mountain........

Cindy would be able to fill in the gaps!

JJ

Old October 5th 20, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

A Chinese airline crew declared an emergency, and after a few minutes of the crew laboring to explain their problem to the controller in English, the controller finally said 'lets talk in Chinese', which they did.
Old October 5th 20, 10:42 PM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sinclair[_5_] View Post
[...]

Yeah, not funny really.

Had similar a few years back at my old club. Mayday call followed by something along the lines of 'the controls are jammed and I'm bailing out'.

Longish silence then 'Why won't anyone talk to me?' He was still aboard and maybe waiting for permission to jump?

He finally bailed out and we could see the glider spiral in and the good chute from the airfield.

Most disappointing thing about all this was he took off without full and free controls after having a restriction in the stick movement and needlessly destroyed the clubs Discus CS

:-( Colin
Old October 6th 20, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, October 5, 2020 at 4:44:30 PM UTC-4, wrote:
A Chinese airline crew declared an emergency, and after a few minutes of the crew laboring to explain their problem to the controller in English, the controller finally said 'lets talk in Chinese', which they did.

About a year ago I was towing in the Pawnee when I switched to Vero Beach tower to inform them that we are finishing for the day. I heard in a heavy Chinese accent, plane tuck, plane tuck. The controller asked a Bonanza that was on the taxi way to inform him of what the problem was, as the Chinese continued to broadcast that plane no move, plane no move. There was a brief laugh as the Bonanza informed the tower that the Chinese student had landed with full brakes and blew both main tires and went into the grass. I guess he was correct in saying plane no move!
Old October 6th 20, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Thomas Dixon

On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 2:17:51 PM UTC-6, John Sinclair wrote:
Honey, the trailer CAME OFF!
WHAT! WHERE?
Just outside of town!
Is the trailer all right?
Yes
(Pause)
Is the car all right?
Yes
(Long pause)
Are you all right?
Yes........ (longer pause).......Thanks for asking!
😳JJ

John,
This was not on 123.3 but still, at the time got everybody's attention. While on final approach to Saigon in the late 60's on a Braniff Int. Airlines - some will remember the wild plane paint jobs and Flight Attendants Uniforms. From the cockpit one of the pilots reported the temperature and humidity in Saigon, both were high, then said. "...and the ground fire is light to moderate." It was very quiet for a few moments and then there was the sound of forced laughter. Great way to arrive!!!

Boise, ID

Heard on 123.3 PMSC Member Soaring 2 June 27th 08 01:47 AM
Heard on the air Roy Smith General Aviation 0 January 19th 07 03:03 AM
Heard on the air Jon Woellhaf Piloting 1 January 29th 05 02:45 AM
Anyone Heard anything about this ... john smith Piloting 0 January 1st 05 06:20 PM
Don't think I've ever heard that one before Paul Tomblin Piloting 7 November 11th 03 09:11 PM