Prop sales going up

Old May 7th 04, 04:45 PM
Ralph Jones

Default Prop sales going up

Check this out:

http://kcbsimg.dayport.com/htm/cbs2p...elly%20Landing

rj
Old May 7th 04, 08:38 PM
Shawn Curry

Ralph Jones wrote:
Check this out:

http://kcbsimg.dayport.com/htm/cbs2p...elly%20Landing

rj

Check what out? A site that doesn't load?
Old May 7th 04, 09:14 PM
Mark Zivley

Use Internet Explorer and it should load - B17 Gear collapse at slow
speed after landing at Van Nuys on news chopper video.

Old May 8th 04, 01:20 AM
Stewart Kissel

Loaded fine for me, bummer a restored B17 having a
gear collapse on roll out.

At 19:54 07 May 2004, Shawn Curry wrote:
Ralph Jones wrote:
Check this out:

http://kcbsimg.dayport.com/htm/cbs2p...D=2643&tf=Worl
d%20War%20II%20Bomber%20Slides%20To%20Safe%20Ha lt%20In%20Van%20Nuy

s%20Belly%20Landing

Old May 8th 04, 02:23 PM
Mark Zivley

Very interesting that both mains collapsed at the exact same time. I'm
not familiar w/ the B17 design, but I'd guess that they are independant
mechanical mechanisms so I'd be suspicious of a control failure or
uncommanded or accidentally commanded retraction. I don't know if
jamming on the brakes could be a factor, but it didn't look like the
plane was moving in a manner that would have called for a sudden brake
application.

Old May 8th 04, 05:58 PM
Liam Finley

Apparently the B-17 uses the same gear mechanism as the LS 3/4. Who knew.

Hope nobody was riding in the belly turret.

Old May 8th 04, 11:49 PM
Jim Phoenix

Very interesting that both mains collapsed at the exact same time. I'm
not familiar w/ the B17 design, but I'd guess that they are independant
mechanical mechanisms so I'd be suspicious of a control failure or
uncommanded or accidentally commanded retraction.

B-17 has a large electric (DC) motor with an angle drive gearbox on
the end driving the gear retraction/extension mechanism, if I recall
correctly (it's been about 20 years now) there's one in each gear
well. For both to retract as nicely as that, I would suspect an
electrical malfunction, maybe a relay or a short or some such thing -
can't remember how the electrics runs on those. They were used them in
the air tanker/spraying bidness right into the early '80's.

Jim
Old May 9th 04, 01:17 AM
Ralph Jones

The B-17 has gear and flap switches side by side...not in the least
difficult to flip the wrong one.

rj

Ralph Jones wrote:
Check this out:

http://kcbsimg.dayport.com/htm/cbs2p...elly%20Landing

rj

Right prop, wrong prop? Wood prop, metal prop? Gus Rasch Aerobatics 1 February 14th 08 11:18 PM
Ivo Prop on O-320 Dave S Home Built 14 October 15th 04 03:04 AM
Prop Pitch Question Eugene Wendland Home Built 2 April 25th 04 03:22 AM
IVO props... comments.. Dave S Home Built 16 December 7th 03 12:43 AM
Metal Prop vs. Wood Prop Larry Smith Home Built 21 September 26th 03 07:45 PM