Stall spin during aero tow? Std cirrus

Old August 27th 18, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Stall spin during aero tow? Std cirrus

I know, I have seen radios as low as $250.

A decent used Becker or Dittel 25kHz unit can be picked up in Europe for 100-150 Euros, so the 'high cost' argument is BS.

Uli
'AS'
Old August 28th 18, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Rowland[_2_]

At 17:21 27 August 2018, Jonathon May wrote:
At 15:48 27 August 2018, Dan Marotta wrote:

On 8/27/2018 9:21 AM, kirk.stant wrote:
...Unfortunately our most commonly used trainer is a Blanik L-

13AC,
and our A&Ps can't find a legal way to put a battery in it.
Kirk

I would think a simple fabricated tray with hold down and a

mechanic's
logbook entry would be sufficient.
--
Dan, 5J

I asked the tug pilot for 5Kn more last week and he said "At the rev
limit"...Ballasted Ventus behind a Euro fox with fine prop to optimise
towing 2 seaters.I was at 60 Kn so not too marginal.
You cannot beat a pawnee but you can break the bank using them

There's a device known as a throttle that helps with this. Suggest your
towing organisation gets these installed and trains your tug pilots in its
use.

Old August 28th 18, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

weird when I read "Stick and Rudder" and went through flight training I was taught to pitch for airspeed
Old August 28th 18, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 1:33:24 PM UTC-7, Tony wrote:
weird when I read "Stick and Rudder" and went through flight training I was taught to pitch for airspeed

Nice one, Tony.
Amazed it took three posts to hit it on the head.
Jim
Old August 29th 18, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Well, maybe the pitch of the prop is such that 60 KIAS is his maximum
speed at the rev limiter and it's a fixed pitch prop.Â* If that's the
case, then pitching down won't accomplish much other than to have the
rev limiter shut off the ignition.