Megascenery

Old August 22nd 03, 12:10 AM
Don Parker

Default Megascenery

Got it today, and in anticipation made a trail flight from San Diego
Catalina LA Burbank back to LA LAX for some before/after shots.
Made the after shots about a few hours ago, and here's the results. Kept
the display settings pretty much the same, except autogen was turned to min,
trying to keep the playing field level. Be forewarned, Megascenery takes
the liberty of changing the settings to where IT thinks things ought to be.
I fired things up and it looked like I looking at lake relections through a
camera star filter = mip mapping cranked up to 8. NOT with a ATI card,
unfortunately, or things would look absolutely awesome - or "gnarly" as my
grandson would put it. Turned it back to 4, and everything else where I
usually run it (full on, except water, and in this case autogen). Old
"before" shots are the top half, "after" shots on the bottom. Overall it's
pretty neat, best at some altitude as Bill has reported, too bad I can't
crank up the mip mapping or it really would be fantastic (hear that ATI!!!),
took about 8 min to load (same as Bill), and haven't had time to fly all
over the place, but here's a fair sampling:
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/2.jpg
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/3.jpg
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/4.jpg
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/5.jpg
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/6.jpg
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/7.jpg
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/8.jpg
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/9.jpg
Cheers'n beers y'all...

Old August 22nd 03, 01:14 AM
pr

Don Parker wrote:

www.cox-internet.com/tazman/2.jpg
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/3.jpg
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/4.jpg
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/5.jpg
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/6.jpg
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/7.jpg
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/8.jpg
www.cox-internet.com/tazman/9.jpg

What??? No Palm Springs? ;-)

Thank you very much for taking the time to create some before/after
shots. Looks convincing to me.

--
Peter

Old August 22nd 03, 01:33 AM
Don Parker

Forgot to mention, before shots also included FSGenesis, except for photo
realistic Catalina (don't know if it's released yet, but this doesn't have
it)...

Old August 22nd 03, 04:42 AM
micvog

Don -

Thanks for the update. Would you mind checking out KCMA? Based on the
coordinates, I am guessing that the scenery cuts off right at the base of
runway 26.

Thanks.
Michael

Old August 22nd 03, 03:27 PM
Don Parker

Michael,
Bad news is the "green line" (where the mountains go from photo realistic &
green, to generic brown) runs just east of Point Mugu. The corner appears
to be N30.30 W119.00. Good news is it still looks pretty darn good
regardless - I also have FSGenesis covering everything possible, so don't
know how it'd look without that, but it sure beats all the older FS's to
date! In fact it looked so nice I wasn't positive if it was covered or not
until I got some altitude, since I haven't had time to get thoroughly
acclimated to Megascenery (although the generic farmland was a tip off), and
could see the dividing line. Megascenery really does liven things up,
especially nice over 3-4,000' agl.....
Cheers'n beers.
Don

m...