AF/D info available online?

Old July 27th 03, 08:11 PM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Default AF/D info available online?

Is AF/D info available for download online?

Thanks,
Sydney

Old July 27th 03, 09:07 PM
Scott Skylane

Sydney Hoeltzli wrote:
Is AF/D info available for download online?

Thanks,
Sydney

Sydney,

Try Mr. Fransson's "AFDX"

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/20114

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

Old July 27th 03, 09:15 PM
Larry Dighera

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 12:07:35 -0800, Scott Skylane
wrote in Message-Id:
:

Sydney Hoeltzli wrote:
Is AF/D info available for download online?

Try Mr. Fransson's "AFDX"

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/20114

Is there a version available for windows?

Product Requirements:
Mac OS X 10.2 or higher

Product Description:
AFDX brings the Airport/Facility Directory to your Mac's desktop.
But not only do you get the airports included in the standard
A/FD, but all of the private airports and other landing facilities
that are normally excluded from the A/FD. Every landing facility
listed in the FAA's airport database- airports, heliports,
gliderports - is available to you in AFDX. AFDX also includes an
extensive navaid database that covers North America, Central
America, and the Caribbean.

--

Irrational beliefs ultimately lead to irrational acts.
-- Larry Dighera,
Old July 27th 03, 09:19 PM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Scott Skylane wrote:
Sydney Hoeltzli wrote:

Is AF/D info available for download online?

Try Mr. Fransson's "AFDX"
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/20114

Sounds like a nice program for the Mac. I don't got a Mac.

I was hoping for a more portable download format
(txt, pdf, maybe html).

Actually what I really want is something for the Palm OS

Thanks,
Sydney

Old July 27th 03, 09:32 PM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Roy Smith wrote:
Sydney Hoeltzli wrote:
I don't got a Mac.

That can (and should) be fixed.

Mmmm. Persuade the instrument mfrs whose programs I gotta
run, home and work. Persuade DH's workplace.

And I'm right there.

In the meantime, how about AF/D in portable or
Palm format?

Cheers,
Sydney

Old July 27th 03, 09:41 PM
Peter R.

Sydney Hoeltzli wrote:

Is AF/D info available for download online?

Sydney, I ran across what looks to be a pretty comprehensive AF/D
reference for the Palm, except that it is not free.

$39.99 gets you the software and one full year of updates.

http://www.notamd.com/aptins_palm.html

I am considering it but I am in the process of upgrading my handheld
first.

--
Peter

Old July 27th 03, 11:57 PM
Sydney Hoeltzli

ArtP wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 19:11:42 GMT, Sydney Hoeltzli
wrote:

Is AF/D info available for download online?

Join AOPA and get a free update every 28 days.

I have been an AOPA member for years.

Free update of what? AOPA directory?

AF/D it ain't.

Or are you saying they have the AF/Ds available for download
somewhere on their site?

Cheers,
Sydney

Old July 28th 03, 12:21 AM
ArtP

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:57:46 GMT, Sydney Hoeltzli
wrote:

Free update of what? AOPA directory?

AF/D it ain't.

It has everything about an airport that the AF/D has plus a lot more.
It is easier to read, easier to find airports in, and I can carry the
entire US in my Sony Clie. It doesn't have some sections (preferred
routes, VOR check points, some AFSS telephone numbers my Sony already
has all of them, etc.). The only thing it doesn't have are notes in
the back that tell you how to do things like fly over Niagara Falls.
It more than meets my needs for any flights I have taken.
Old July 28th 03, 12:25 AM
Tom S.

wrote:

Is AF/D info available for download online?

Join AOPA and get a free update every 28 days.

I have been an AOPA member for years.

Why not? I was thinking of joining, but....

--
"How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant
pervert the plain Meaning of Words!"
John Pitts, January 21, 1776