You guys were right -- thanks!

Old July 24th 03, 02:55 AM
Jay Honeck

Default You guys were right -- thanks!

Well, to those of you who told me "You should publish some of your posts"
over the years, I can only say a big "Thanks!"

I took your advice, submitted an article to one of the aviation mags (about
our flight into Dayton last spring), and -*voila*- I am now sitting on the
first $75.00 check that my (formerly useless) English degree has ever
(directly) generated!

So what if it's only beer money -- what the heck -- I had written it anyway
for this group! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 24th 03, 03:46 AM
BruceG

Best of all, now you're a "Published Author." If nothing else, it'll look
good in the obit someday (far off in the future).
Congrats.

Bruce

Old July 24th 03, 06:38 AM
Gilles KERMARC

Jay Honeck wrote:

I took your advice, submitted an article to one of the aviation mags

Which one ? (Some of us don't subscribe to all of them...)

Old July 24th 03, 02:59 PM
Jay Honeck

Which one ? (Some of us don't subscribe to all of them...)

Actually it's a new one (the inaugural issue, no less!) called "Flying Life
Magazine". I've received a tear-sheet from the printed article, and the
check, but I haven't actually seen the magazine yet.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 24th 03, 03:22 PM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Jay Honeck wrote:
Well, to those of you who told me "You should publish some of your posts"
over the years, I can only say a big "Thanks!"

Congrats, Jay!

I really think that "Final Flight" post should go somewhere also.

Cheers,
Sydney

Old July 24th 03, 04:45 PM
Jay Honeck

Congrats, Jay!

Thanks! I'm pretty tickled myself. (And I took that $75 and went out and
bought myself something REALLY exciting -- a 12-volt-to-110-volt converter
so I can run my laptop in the plane and at OSH. Woo-woo!

I really think that "Final Flight" post should go somewhere also.

Yeah, I thought so too -- but the editor sent me back a list of things they
wanted me to change/expand/delete, so I filed it away... If I have time
someday I'll send it to the other mags...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 24th 03, 08:22 PM
Maule Driver

I second that emotion. Any post that gets a tear here can't require that
much editing. Maybe just needs the right pub.

Congrats Jay!

Old July 25th 03, 04:54 AM
vincent p. norris

I am now sitting on the first $75.00 check that my (formerly useless) English degree has ever
(directly) generated!

Jay, you just don't realize how useful your liberal education has been
to you. If it was a *good* liberal education, it taught you to think,
a skill that is useful to anyone, even a pilot.

vince norris.
Old July 25th 03, 05:23 AM
Jay Honeck

Jay, you just don't realize how useful your liberal education has been
to you. If it was a *good* liberal education, it taught you to think,
a skill that is useful to anyone, even a pilot.

I know, Vince. I may be the last man in America that actually WANTS my
children to receive a liberal arts education. (Of course, Mary would have a
bird about this. Her B.S. degree has always paid off directly, while mine
has always been completely indirect.)

I'm firmly convinced that a liberal arts degree teaches one to tactically
and strategically think. This is truly far more useful in the "real" world
than the straight-line logic of the sciences -- although I admire them, too.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Guys Dummy General Aviation 1 August 23rd 04 11:42 PM
These Guys Should Be Looking Forward Chris Military Aviation 0 October 15th 03 02:09 AM
These Guys Should Be Looking Forward Chris Aviation Marketplace 0 October 15th 03 02:09 AM
I **warned** you guys that if you didn't shape up... Jim Home Built 44 September 28th 03 06:10 PM
Awright, you guys C J Campbell Home Built 3 September 1st 03 03:03 AM