This week's AW&ST: apparently THAAD will have some ABM (as in anti- *ICBM*) capability.

Old August 31st 04, 04:20 AM
Scott Ferrin

I'd be happy if you'd just read the post before haring off on some
tangent. Is that too much to ask?

Yes. It is when you don't have the common courtesy of telling a guy what the
cite says in some form or other.

I'm not talking about reading the link. I'm talking about reading
what I wrote. If you're going to comment on it I'd think you'd at
least want to know what it is you're commenting on.

I have had folks give blind links that
resulted in thirty-page pdf documents. If you are too lazy to wade through
the site and summarize what is there, why should you expect others to do it
for you?

I suggest you read Orvil's post and take heed--he apparently
knows quite a bit more about this than either you or some AvLeak writer

(and
more than me as well). You'll note that his conclusions are generally in
linne with what I have been telling you. If you want to conduct further
discussion of topics, be energetic enough to at least indicate what your
links are saying and provide them "for further reference", and get off

your
high horse, OK?

Not on a high horse. I wouldn't expect anybody to write a synopsis of
a link (that's WHY they provided a link).

That is you, this is me.

Most people read faster
than they type and I'd rather just click on the link than read a
synopsis and STILL click on the link. If you're too good to click on
a link then by all means continue on in ignorance.

Not too good, just don't enjoy the usual
search-through-the-weeds-to-try-and-figure-out-what-the-guy-means when a
blind link is provided.

In the first case you were talking about problems with BPI and I said
in effect "here's a link to a pdf that discusses the problem in
detail". It wasn't even to support any point, it was just a "hey you
might find this interesting since we're on the subject". I couldn't
find a link so I posted it to my ftp. I'd have thought you be
interested in learning more on the topic.

I am truly sorry you don't like that, but I am
doubtful I'll lose any sleep over it.

I wouldn't think you would. On the other hand there is so much crap
to wade through on the net I'd think you be interested when someone
posts links to a few gold nuggets.