Marske Pioneer Cross Country

Old July 1st 04, 04:23 PM
Lennie the Lurker

"Al" wrote in message ...
Keep taking the pet meds Dick..

Sorry, but my grandmother was Irish, I don't have scottish needs for
brain poisons. But I think you're overdue for your checkup with the
herpetologist.
Old July 1st 04, 06:03 PM
Owain Walters

Hey Big Len,

I am confused. I thought you gave up gliding because
the cost was going to cripple you but here you are
throwing your money away!

Perhaps if you stopped giving money to people to phone
the Chaplain then you could afford a tow. You daft
racist!

Owain

At 15:30 01 July 2004, Lennie The Lurker wrote:
(Tom Seim) wrote in message news:...

Definition of 'racist':

Were I to give you a quarter, would you be so kind
as to go down the
hall to the nearest pay phone, dial the chaplain, and
see if he gives
a ****?

Old July 1st 04, 09:19 PM
Eric Greenwell

In article ,
says...
Al,

you don't have to be selling anything to send spam.
Spam being 'unsolicited mail to promote products or
services'.

Matt is promoting a product, you are promoting a service....
What/ where is the difference?!?

At 16:30 30 June 2004, Al wrote:
Difference is I dont sell anything.

www.gliderforum.com is free, non profit. a service
to soaring and a lot
better than NNTP news.

Mat on the other hand is trying to sell flying wing
kits for commercial
gain.

There is your difference!!

It seems a stretch to suggest Mat is selling flying wing kits for
"commercial gain"! It looks to me, after visiting Jim Marske and Mat
Redsell at their shop, that they are promoting an idea, and any money
made is quite incidental, more like a hobby. I don't mind Mat attempts
to promote flying wings, even if they are clumsy at times.

It seems a stretch to suggest Al is "spamming" the group by announcing
his gliderforum. I usually consider spam to be UCE (usolicited
commercial email), which doesn't apply to Al.

--
Change "netto" to "net" to reply directly
Eric Greenwell USA
Old July 1st 04, 10:52 PM

On 1 Jul 2004 17:03:20 GMT, Owain Walters
wrote:

Hey Big Len,

I am confused. I thought you gave up gliding because
the cost was going to cripple you but here you are
throwing your money away!

Perhaps if you stopped giving money to people to phone
the Chaplain then you could afford a tow. You daft
racist!

IF I were still flying, I couldn't afford the quarter, and many, far
too many, other things. Still trying to figure out how to get paid for
the skids I made without ending up losing more to the taxman than I
bring in. Safest way is to let them fall through the cracks, but if
I'm going to work for nothing, working doesn't make any sense.

OR are you telling me you know where I can get a tow for a quarter?
Lennie the Lurker
Old July 2nd 04, 12:16 AM
m pautz

I did a 700K in my Ventus Mat
You can check it out at onlinecontest.org

Now quit spamming us

Al

"mat Redsell" wrote in message

The Marske PioneerIId has been doing some flight testing and cross

country

lately. See the Marske site for details.
-mat
--
Marske Flying Wings
http://www.continuo.com/marske

A monarch isn't a ventus, but a J3 Cub isn't a Mooney either.
To be honest, the monarch looks like an incredibly fun glider to fly.
We don't tell 1-26 or K-6 drivers to go away simply because they can't
compete with the glass boys; Oh wait a minute, Didn't Dave Stevenson
just come in third place with a K6????

Maybe a Marske can't get the xcountry range of a Ventus, but I was
thrilled beyond belief when I made my first 12 mile fligh in a hang
glider and made it back to the LZ.

If I had time, I would love to have a J3, a Monarch, a Grumman Tiger, a
Hang glider, and a K6E in addition to my LS3. Might as throw in a BMW
motorcyle while I'm at it.

I really wouldn't want to replace my LS3 with a Ventus. If I did, I
wouldn't have an excuse for doing so poorly. :-)

I am, and have always been, fascinated by the Horton Flying wing. Have
you seen the aspect ratio on their last glider? It's incredible. I am
curious as to the actual aspect ratio and L/D.

I am glad that Marske is venturing into that realm.

There is room enough in this group for all forms of soaring without a
bunch of bickering. I'm glad Mat is keeping us informed.

Marty Pautz

Old July 2nd 04, 09:36 AM
Owain Walters

IF I were still flying, I couldn't afford the quarter,
and many, far
too many, other things. Still trying to figure out
how to get paid for
the skids I made without ending up losing more to the
taxman than I
bring in. Safest way is to let them fall through the
cracks, but if
I'm going to work for nothing, working doesn't make
any sense.

OR are you telling me you know where I can get a tow
for a quarter?
Lennie the Lurker

I was being sarcastic you stupid racist. I will tell
you what - if you bugger off and leave us alone. I
will buy you a tow. You can even keep your 25c.

I am constantly amazed at how angry you are with everything!
Gliding, taxes (try living in Europe if you want to
see real tax........I know, I know. You wouldnt live
here with us because we are blah blah blah), Al, RAS.....the
list goes on and on!

I have been trying to work out why you are so vitriolic;
Do you fancy Al? Were you no good at gliding? Do you
pay more tax than anyone else? Does it annoy you that
no-one here listens to you?

Owain

Old July 2nd 04, 04:58 PM

On 2 Jul 2004 08:36:37 GMT, Owain Walters
wrote:

I was being sarcastic you stupid racist.

Your sarcasm was not missed, and was expected. I expect nothing else
from the soaring people. Nor do I see anything racist about picking
up on als prejudice and throwing it back at him.

Do you fancy Al?

I happen to prefer females of the human race.

Were you no good at gliding?

I have no idea. Nor does it matter at all, just something else I
found that I can do, and moved on to something more productive.

Do you
pay more tax than anyone else?

No. I have reached the income limit, the point where for every dollar
I earn, a dollar is deducted from my social security. It should not
be hard, even for you, to understand that I would be working for
nothing, which makes no sense, or doing charity work for a profit
making organization, which makes less sense. (In fairness to the owner
of the operation, he would probably bend over backwards to try to help
me in this regard, but in the interest of legality, I would rather not
take any risks. It's not worth risking a tax evasion charge for a
couple of hundred bucks, or even risking an audit. As I am seen at
the gliderport rarely, I don't know who there is my friend, or who is
my enemy.)

Does it annoy you that
no-one here listens to you?

Not in the slightest. Normally, the only ones that have ever listened
to me,

are the people that sign the check.

If you can tell me anyone else that counts, I'd be interested in
hearing it.

Lennie the Lurker
Old July 2nd 04, 05:06 PM
Owain Walters

If you can tell me anyone else that counts, I'd be
interested in
hearing it.

Lennie the Lurker

So what is the point of posting here?