... and the R/C B-52 went down.

Old September 9th 04, 12:55 PM
Vicente Vazquez

Default ... and the R/C B-52 went down.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/duggy/b52.wmv

Seems like oly a couple of wing servos and a pair of engines were
recoverable. A sad end for an impressive R/C model. :-(
Old September 9th 04, 02:04 PM
John A. Weeks III

In article , Vicente
Vazquez wrote:

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/duggy/b52.wmv

Seems like oly a couple of wing servos and a pair of engines were
recoverable. A sad end for an impressive R/C model. :-(

Yeah, but it was glorious while it was flying. It even sounded
like a buff on take-off. Any idea what happened? It sure hit
going fast--it is amazing that anything is left.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Old September 9th 04, 02:58 PM
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

"Vicente Vazquez" wrote in message
om...
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/duggy/b52.wmv

Seems like oly a couple of wing servos and a pair of engines were
recoverable. A sad end for an impressive R/C model. :-(

Yikes!

It is a shame. But lets be honest, it really was just a matter of time.

Old September 10th 04, 03:59 AM
Bob Urz

Vicente Vazquez wrote:
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/duggy/b52.wmv

Seems like oly a couple of wing servos and a pair of engines were
recoverable. A sad end for an impressive R/C model. :-(

Yea, but what happened to the doll house sized nukes?
Did they send in GI joe for broken arrow recovery?

Bob

Old September 10th 04, 01:45 PM
John S. Shinal

"John A. Weeks III" wrote:
Yeah, but it was glorious while it was flying.

No doubt. Best I've ever seen, but I haven't seen it all. I
can't imagine how you top that one. Maybe a matching KC-10.

Any idea what happened ?

His return leg on the orbit was pretty hot, and the RC forum
was discussing the wind speed. No aileron on the low wing, with a very
steep bank, and not enough authority from the high wing's spoiler. It
was digging into a steeply banked downwindturn, and it looks like it
stalled and tucked the nose lower. Not enough height to pull it out.

Old September 10th 04, 02:11 PM
Kevin Brooks

"John S. Shinal" wrote in message
"John A. Weeks III" wrote:
Yeah, but it was glorious while it was flying.

No doubt. Best I've ever seen, but I haven't seen it all. I
can't imagine how you top that one. Maybe a matching KC-10.

I have seen on the web pictures of a one-fifth scale RC B-29 that were
pretty impressive. I think the following one is a bit smaller than that, but
still neat!

http://www.renderwurx.com/rc/h37/gfx...ogs02/b29a.jpg

Brooks

Old September 10th 04, 08:47 PM
John S. Shinal

"Kevin Brooks" wrote:

http://www.renderwurx.com/rc/h37/gfx...ogs02/b29a.jpg

(noting background in photo)

It's always nice when an R/C flying field can accomodate those
12" scale Phantom models...

Old September 10th 04, 09:53 PM
Marc Reeve

John S. Shinal wrote:
"Kevin Brooks" wrote:

http://www.renderwurx.com/rc/h37/gfx...ogs02/b29a.jpg

(noting background in photo)

It's always nice when an R/C flying field can accomodate those
12" scale Phantom models...

I was wondering if the X-1 behind the fella standing there was a functional R/C
model as well.
Old September 11th 04, 04:53 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Marc Reeve" wrote in message
John S. Shinal wrote:
"Kevin Brooks" wrote:

http://www.renderwurx.com/rc/h37/gfx...ogs02/b29a.jpg

(noting background in photo)

It's always nice when an R/C flying field can accomodate those
12" scale Phantom models...

I was wondering if the X-1 behind the fella standing there was a

functional R/C
model as well.

Well, it does fly--there are also photos of the X-1 model in flight after
being dropped by the B-29. As to whether or not it is controllable, or just
flies a set spiral back down, I don't know. I think if you snip off the last
part of that address I agve, it will take you to a page with various
thumbnails including one of the two models in flight.

Brooks

Old September 13th 04, 03:38 AM
Andreas Maurer

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:53:42 -0400, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

Well, it does fly--there are also photos of the X-1 model in flight after
being dropped by the B-29. As to whether or not it is controllable, or just
flies a set spiral back down, I don't know. I think if you snip off the last
part of that address I agve, it will take you to a page with various
thumbnails including one of the two models in flight.

Fully controllable, including the functional rocket engine (pretty
impressive acceleration, btw).

There are a couple of imressive videos of this pair of R/C aircraft
around - the B-29 performs a full aerobatic display including inverted
loops.

Bye
Andreas