STC records at FAA

Old April 2nd 05, 12:07 AM

Default STC records at FAA

Where within the FAA is the place to get the records showing STCs
associated with a specific plane?
Old April 2nd 05, 03:22 AM
Robbie S.

Try here ....

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...e?OpenFrameSet

....Robbie.

Old April 2nd 05, 03:34 AM

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 02:22:54 GMT, "Robbie S."
wrote:

Try here ....

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...e?OpenFrameSet

...Robbie.

That's not quite what I'm looking for. I should have said where can I
find STCs that were filed for an individual plane, by N-number. An A/P
recently told me the FAA has a file of that info on each plane.
Old April 2nd 05, 04:50 AM
Newps

wrote:

Try here ....

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...e?OpenFrameSet

...Robbie.

That's not quite what I'm looking for. I should have said where can I
find STCs that were filed for an individual plane, by N-number. An A/P
recently told me the FAA has a file of that info on each plane.

For a small fee the FAA will send you a list of that info.

Old April 2nd 05, 05:11 AM
Mike Murdock

If you go to http://registry.faa.gov/aircraft.asp...ircraftrecords
there is a link there to order a CD-ROM for $6.25. I've ordered one on two
occasions, and they both arrived in about a week.

The CD-ROM will have PDF files containing scanned images of all the
registration and airworthiness documents the FAA has. This will include all
of the 337 forms filed for that aircraft. With a few exceptions, repair
facilities are supposed to file a 337 form for all major modifications,
including repairs, so it's one way to check for damage history on an
airplane.

It's also interesting to see the chain of ownership on older airplanes.

-Mike

Old April 2nd 05, 04:01 PM

Mike Murdock wrote:
If you go to

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraft.asp...ircraftrecords
there is a link there to order a CD-ROM for $6.25. I've ordered one

on two
occasions, and they both arrived in about a week.

The CD-ROM will have PDF files containing scanned images of all the
registration and airworthiness documents the FAA has. This will

include all
of the 337 forms filed for that aircraft. With a few exceptions,

repair
facilities are supposed to file a 337 form for all major

modifications,
including repairs, so it's one way to check for damage history on an
airplane.

Mike is correct; The FAA SHOULD HAVE recorded the changes input by
337's. Three of us, having changed to O-200 engines and filed the
337's with the local FSDO, are still shown on the FAA records as having
the C-85 engines. There are several other "lacking records", as well.

Don't expect much in the way of a 337 history trail. But the CD's are
certainly worthwhile to have, so follow though and see what you get.

The FAA is a "do as I say, not as I do" outfit.

Neal