The cost of war

Old September 26th 04, 01:54 AM
John Harlow

Default The cost of war

Wow, really? Are those people really known for their Literal
Interpretation/Word of God/Bible Thumping?

"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he
instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to
solve the problem in the Middle East."

-George W. Bush

Yes. W actually believes he has a direct line to God.

Do you not find this a tad alarming?

Old September 26th 04, 02:22 AM
Jay Honeck

"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he
instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to
solve the problem in the Middle East."

-George W. Bush

Do you have an attribution for that quote? I've not seen it before.

Date and publication, please.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 26th 04, 03:02 AM
John Harlow

Jay Honeck wrote:
"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he
instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am
determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."

-George W. Bush

Do you have an attribution for that quote? I've not seen it before.

Date and publication, please.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/S...ID=0&listSrc=Y

Old September 26th 04, 04:19 AM
C J Campbell

"John Harlow" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:
"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he
instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am
determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."

-George W. Bush

Do you have an attribution for that quote? I've not seen it before.

Date and publication, please.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/S...ID=0&listSrc=Y

You are stupid enough to believe this report?

Old September 26th 04, 05:06 AM
Morgans

Jay Honeck wrote:
"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he
instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am
determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."

-George W. Bush

Do you have an attribution for that quote? I've not seen it before.

Date and publication, please.

The whole key is the line saying, "According to Abbas, Bush said"... and
then the quote. Sounds like hearsay, and I would not trust Abbas as far as
I could throw him.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old September 26th 04, 06:11 AM
John Harlow

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/S...ID=0&listSrc=Y

You are stupid enough to believe this report?

It's certainly consistent with several other things he's said.

"I believe God has called us into action."

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_A...386439,00.html

"'I feel like God wants me to run for President"
"“I’ve heard the call. I believe God wants me to be president.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5819171/

"Bush believes he was called by God to lead the nation at this time"
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...sh-cover_x.htm

Old September 26th 04, 02:09 PM
Jay Honeck

You're joking, right?

You're quoting a report about Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas as a
source for George Bush's supposed quote?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 26th 04, 04:38 PM
RM

Jay Honeck wrote:
"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he
instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am
determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."

-George W. Bush

Do you have an attribution for that quote? I've not seen it before.

Date and publication, please.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/S...ID=0&listSrc=Y

For anyone who did not go to the source, the quote is from Palestinian
PM Abbas, who claims it is what W. told him in private. John, you really
should be ashamed of yourself for posting this as if it was a direct quote
from President Bush. It is not.
Old September 28th 04, 10:24 AM
dancingstar

John Harlow wrote:
Wow, really? Are those people really known for their Literal
Interpretation/Word of God/Bible Thumping?

"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he
instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to
solve the problem in the Middle East."

-George W. Bush

Yes. W actually believes he has a direct line to God.

Do you not find this a tad alarming?

A "tad alarming" is the understatement of the century.
Do you happen to know if it was the same God that told him to lie to us?

Antonio