That damn rudder

Old December 23rd 04, 04:09 AM
Blue

Default That damn rudder

On FS2K2 I have installed two controls:
(1) MS Sidewinder Precision Pro (USB) joystick and,
(2) CA Pro Pedals (USB).

Rudder control with these two beasts fighting each other has been my main
dissatisfaction with the simulator.

What I want to do is to completely disable the twist control of the rudder
but the only way I can see to do that is to reduce the sensitivity of that
axis to zero.

The problem is that even though I do that the twist remains operable and to
add to the frustration while observing the rudder in spot plane view - and
close up - the rudder is obviously baffled by the inputs and moving
erratically and sometimes not at all. Just not operating the twist doesn't
help with the problem either

Hope someone can give me a new slant on this problem.

Old December 24th 04, 02:18 AM
Icebound

"Blue" wrote in message ...
On FS2K2 I have installed two controls:
(1) MS Sidewinder Precision Pro (USB) joystick and,
(2) CA Pro Pedals (USB).

Rudder control with these two beasts fighting each other has been my main
dissatisfaction with the simulator.

What I want to do is to completely disable the twist control of the rudder
but the only way I can see to do that is to reduce the sensitivity of that
axis to zero.

The problem is that even though I do that the twist remains operable and
add to the frustration while observing the rudder in spot plane view - and
close up - the rudder is obviously baffled by the inputs and moving
erratically and sometimes not at all. Just not operating the twist
doesn't
help with the problem either

Hope someone can give me a new slant on this problem.

When your pedals were "installed" they automatically assigned the rudder to
"pedals" without deleting it from "joystick".

From the top menu, selection options

Select Controls - Assignments
Select the Joystick Axes tab.

Make sure your joystick is showing in the dropdown.

Scroll down to "Rudder Axis" and select it.
Then push the "delete assignment" button.

You can double-check that the rudder is assigned to the pedals by clicking
the dropdown, and selecting the pedals. Scroll down to the "rudder axis"
and it should show "Z-Axis" as the assignment.

Old December 28th 04, 01:57 AM
Blue

Thanks for this it corrected the problem for me. It did bring out another
related puzzle though. The rudder seems over sensitive so I tried to
correct it by selecting options/controls/sensitivity/advanced and reducing
the rudder sensitivity followed by "OK" taking me back to the simulator.

Problem is that following the above track to check the adjustment I had made
I found that the selection has changed from "advanced" back to "simple" ,
eliminating my change. Cannot seem to get the program to stay in "advanced"
so that my reduction in rudder sensitivity remains in force.

"Icebound" wrote in message

"Blue" wrote in message
[...]

From the top menu, selection options

Select Controls - Assignments
Select the Joystick Axes tab.

Make sure your joystick is showing in the dropdown.

Scroll down to "Rudder Axis" and select it.
Then push the "delete assignment" button.

You can double-check that the rudder is assigned to the pedals by clicking
the dropdown, and selecting the pedals. Scroll down to the "rudder axis"
and it should show "Z-Axis" as the assignment.

Air Bus 300 crash in NY now blamed on co-pilot's improper use of rudder Corky Scott Piloting 30 October 28th 04 04:10 AM
B2 Split Rudder Emilio Military Aviation 8 April 12th 04 10:43 AM
Rudder problems Murphy Simulators 6 November 24th 03 07:44 AM
A lesson learned - Invisible rider with foot on right rudder Dave Butler Piloting 2 October 16th 03 09:58 PM
Cessna 150 Price Outlook Charles Talleyrand Owning 80 October 16th 03 02:18 PM