NARCO Com 120 question

Old August 7th 03, 08:20 PM
Jay Honeck

Default NARCO Com 120 question

By the way, did you put an entry in your airframe log? Even if it wasn't
an FAA issue, it would probably be helpful to have the model and serial
number recorded just in case it ever gets stolen.

Yep!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 8th 03, 01:41 AM
Joe Young

Jay

It seems the Com120s I have noticed on eBay will bring $250 to $400
depending on condition...

How do you like the Narco 810R? I have an MX11 as my Com #2, and have
considered swaping it for the 810R. It apears the trade would cost me about
$1050 to $1200 assuming the MX11 would net back $450 to $600. My avionics
shop is quoting me $1050 installed for a KY97a, with leaves a $500 to $600
dollar difference, again depending on the value of the MX11..... The King
looks better everytime I speak to someone at NARCO (called again last week
with a problem with my NAV122)...

I know you had to have weighed various options as well. What made you
decide in favor of the 810R?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Old August 8th 03, 05:26 AM
Jay Honeck

I know you had to have weighed various options as well. What made you
decide in favor of the 810R?

I was strongly in favor of the buying the Garmin 250 or 300 XL -- the
GPS/Com -- to replace my venerable Narco 120. I was, in fact, checking
them out in Oshkosh, with the intent to purchase one.

However, when I ran across "God's Own 'handheld' color GPS" -- the C-Map
"AvMap" -- and purchased it, I realized that I really didn't need yet
*another* GPS on board. (After the first two, what's the point?

So, Mary and summed up our needs, and it all came down to wanting the
digital flip-flop and memory pre-sets. The 810 +R fit that need, to a
"T" -- and didn't require anything more than an allen wrench to accomplish.

So far it's been great! Ask me again in year or two.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA