Even stars get grounded

Old December 9th 04, 06:37 AM
Judah

You were "hoping" it was a transcription error. I was merely pointing out
that it seemed extremely likely. Sorry to have wasted your bandwidth.

(Paul Tomblin) wrote in
:

In a previous article, Judah said:
(Paul Tomblin) wrote in
:
Hopefully a transcription error. I think Morgan Freeman is smart
enough to say "censured" when he means "censured". I don't have
similar faith in reporters.

I'm guessing that the statement that the article was quoting was not
from a written source, but from an interview. I doubt while Morgan
Freeman was explaining, he spelled out his words for the interviewer...

Note to Judah: That's what the word "transcription" means.

Old December 9th 04, 06:27 PM
gatt

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message

The actor explains, "I'm being censored by the FAA and they're going to
ground me. The hardest thing about flying is holding altitude. It's a
three-dimensional effort."

Hopefully a transcription error. I think Morgan Freeman is smart enough
to say "censured" when he means "censured". I don't have similar faith in
reporters.

OTOH, I'd like to hear more about his "The hardest thing about flying is
holding altitude" comment.

-c

Old December 9th 04, 06:30 PM
gatt

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

The hardest thing about flying is holding altitude. It's a
three-dimensional effort."

However, descending from an assigned IFR altitude without benefit of
ATC clearance seems to have been an unfortunate oversight. He'll
learn a lot from the experience.

Yeah, but...it's HARD holding altitude. ;

-c

Old December 9th 04, 06:32 PM
gatt

"alexy" wrote in message \

The actor explains, "I'm being censored by the FAA and they're going to
ground me. The hardest thing about flying is holding altitude. It's a
three-dimensional effort."

That is indeed what the article said, but I doubt if the author quoted
Freeman accurately.

The author may have, and a copy editor or intern copy editor may have
"fixed" it.

Old December 9th 04, 09:26 PM
Stefan

gatt wrote:

The author may have, and a copy editor or intern copy editor may have
"fixed" it.

Or, even worse, turned the spelling checker on.

Stefan
Old December 11th 04, 06:46 PM
Marty Ross

The "censored" part is only half of my disappointment with the article.
Morgan's purported take on the hardest part of flying is perhaps even more
unflattering. I wonder if it was purposefully taken out of context to cast
him in a "dim" [witted] light...

"alexy" wrote in message
"Marty Ross" wrote:

[from the article...]

The actor explains, "I'm being censored by the FAA and they're going to
ground me. The hardest thing about flying is holding altitude. It's a
three-dimensional effort."

That is indeed what the article said, but I doubt if the author quoted
Freeman accurately. I guess a journalist who doesn't know the
difference between being "censored" and being "censured" is probably
relegated to the entertainment press! g
--
Alex -- Replace "nospam" with "mail" to reply by email. Checked

infrequently.

Old December 14th 04, 12:34 AM
Dana M. Hague

The actor explains, "I'm being censored by the FAA and they're going to
ground me. The hardest thing about flying is holding altitude. It's a
three-dimensional effort."

That is indeed what the article said, but I doubt if the author quoted
Freeman accurately...

Perhaps the word he actually was one the reporter felt needed to be
"censOred"? And the editor just copied the "censored" transcript?
"I'm being f**ded by the FAA..."

-Dana
If replying by email, please make the obvious changes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm wasting much too much time on the internet,
and probably, so are you.
Old December 14th 04, 02:09 PM
alexy

Dana M. Hague d(dash)m(dash)hague(at)comcast(dot)net wrote:

The actor explains, "I'm being censored by the FAA and they're going to
ground me. The hardest thing about flying is holding altitude. It's a
three-dimensional effort."

That is indeed what the article said, but I doubt if the author quoted
Freeman accurately...

Perhaps the word he actually was one the reporter felt needed to be
"censOred"? And the editor just copied the "censored" transcript?
"I'm being f**ded by the FAA..."

LOL! I believe you uncovered what really happened!
Old December 25th 04, 01:43 AM
Bush

Easy. The Jepp drops you to 3,000, you drop to 2,000 there's a
'Systems Error', automatically caught by the Tracon. What was "Red"
flying?

Have a great one!

Bush

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 02:58:08 GMT, Charlie
wrote:

http://www.wokr13.tv/entertainment/s...E8D35C-E98C-44
49-B718-22EEF76AE40A

"Movie star Morgan Freeman's flying dreams have been dealt a severe blow -
he has been grounded by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for
breaking altitude rules."