West Chester; Brandywine (N99) tips

Old December 17th 04, 04:50 AM
Marty Ross

Default West Chester; Brandywine (N99) tips

Hoping to fly to N99 for the weekend from near Newark.

Any tips for this destination or this route?

Old December 17th 04, 12:31 PM
john smith

Local traffic departing to the west must turn northwest immediately
after takeoff to avoid overflying a house 1/4 mile west of the airport.
The guy that owns it complains.
Don't forget to visit the helicopter museum on the north side of the field.
I cannot remember the name of the FBO on the south side that I used last
year.

Old December 17th 04, 01:45 PM
David Wenk

John, Marty,

Some more info on Brandywine he

http://flyguides.com/destinations/?d=122

David Wenk
Flyguides, Inc

Old December 18th 04, 06:49 AM
Judah

"Marty Ross" wrote in news:sAtwd.2027$yK.1129
@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Hoping to fly to N99 for the weekend from near Newark.

Any tips for this destination or this route?

Are you visiting the area, or just landing for a tour?

They used to have rental cars onsite, but don't anymore. You can get Hertz,
Avis, or "Affordable" - the Ford Dealer a few miles away. I've used
Affordable with much success - they brought the car to the airport when I
landed.

I haven't really done much on the airport grounds - I've gone there for
meetings I had in a town about 5 miles away. I don't think there are any
restaurants or anything on the field within walking distance, but I could
be wrong. There's a gas station or two down the block with a Quickie Mart
or some such if you're desparate, but that's about all I found...

The FBO itself is interesting - rather small town when you consider how
close it is to Philly. They have pilot shop with several racks of books
that I haven't seen anywhere else. And they have Wireless Internet
available for free...
Old December 20th 04, 03:58 AM
Marty Ross

Thanks everyone for the tips!

I found Brandywine (N99) to be a hospitable place with very nice facilities!

After a few phone calls, I was even able to arrange a rent-a-car to be left
for me on the field, after-hours, at a good price, from Enterprise. They'll
drop off and collect the car from the field.

Trouble is, it was socked in today so I had to leave the plane there and
extend the car rental agreement! At least it's a nice car and cheap. I'll
clear...

nk.net...