USS America

Old May 26th 05, 04:18 AM
Gord Beaman

Dave in San Diego wrote:

"José Herculano" wrote in news:4294c9f0$0$24392
:

"Dave in San Diego" wrote in message
. ..
"_" wrote in :

EISRA (free donut if you know what that spells out to)
Emergency In Service Refit Activity?????

Not even close. I'll take a few more guesses before I spell it out.

Dave

Extended Incremental Selected Restricted Availability.

Donut? Donut? =)'

Ka-ching! The man wins a donut, which may be collected any time he happens
to be in San Diego, California. I'll even throw in a cup of coffee to go
with it!

Dave in San Diego

Prepare to do battle in front of Judge Judy Dave...or should I
sue Google?, they say it's "Excellence in Statistical Reporting
Award".

I still think it's Extraordinarily Involved Sophisticated
repairing of Aircraft...
--

-Gord.

"I'm trying to get as old as I can,
and it must be working 'cause I'm
the oldest now that I've ever been"
Old May 26th 05, 04:48 AM
Dave in San Diego

Gord Beaman wrote in
:

"_" wrote in :

EISRA (free donut if you know what that spells out to)
Emergency In Service Refit Activity?????

Not even close. I'll take a few more guesses before I spell it out.

Dave

Extended Incremental Selected Restricted Availability.

Donut? Donut? =)'

Ka-ching! The man wins a donut, which may be collected any time he
happens to be in San Diego, California. I'll even throw in a cup of
coffee to go with it!

Dave in San Diego

Prepare to do battle in front of Judge Judy Dave...or should I
sue Google?, they say it's "Excellence in Statistical Reporting
Award".

Wrong context. You know what they say about statistics!

I still think it's Extraordinarily Involved Sophisticated
repairing of Aircraft...

Nope. They don't fix aircraft as a direct function of the EISRA. Nice
try, though.

See here for a nice look at the blister project:
http://midwaysailor.com/midwayeisra86/

Dave in San Diego

Old May 26th 05, 05:09 AM
Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal

On 5/25/05 4:52 PM, in article , "Scott
Peterson" wrote:

"Mike Kanze" wrote:

Please cite the source for your statement that "no money or manpower [was]
explicitly budgeted."

http://navweb.secnav.navy.mil/pubbud/04pres/db_u.htm

Scott Peterson

Weak.

Care to point to a specific line item?

--Woody

Old May 26th 05, 12:40 PM
John Miller

Dave in San Diego wrote:
"_" wrote in :
Emergency In Service Refit Activity?????

Not even close. I'll take a few more guesses before I spell it out.

It's not in the 1970 edition of DICNAVAB, by the way.

--
John Miller
email domain: n4vu.com; username: jsm(@)
Old May 26th 05, 05:40 PM
Dave in San Diego

John Miller wrote in :

Dave in San Diego wrote:
"_" wrote in :
Emergency In Service Refit Activity?????

Not even close. I'll take a few more guesses before I spell it out.

It's not in the 1970 edition of DICNAVAB, by the way.

I wouldn't expect it to be there, since the SRA concept didn't come around
until the mid-70s or so.

Dave in San Diego
Old May 26th 05, 07:57 PM
Mike Kanze

Scott,

Ditto Woody's comment, and for the other FY budget documents you didn't link
(2005, 2003, etc.) that might include this.

Frankly I had hoped that you would provide the affirmative reference your
statement implied ("no money or manpower [was] explicitly budgeted") than
something not stating anything at all. Come to think of it, so far you have
offered only opinion, and nothing authoritative that supports your line of
thought.

BTW, a budget is a plan and not necessarily what actually happens. For
openers, how much of any budget sails through the Congress unaltered?
Certainly the costs of our response to 9/11 cannot be found in the FY2002
budget.

--
Mike Kanze

"The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation
between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting
done by fools and its thinking by cowards."

- Sir William Francis Butler

"Scott Peterson" wrote in message
"Mike Kanze" wrote:

Please cite the source for your statement that "no money or manpower [was]
explicitly budgeted."

http://navweb.secnav.navy.mil/pubbud/04pres/db_u.htm

Scott Peterson

--
Kids in the back seat cause accidents;
accidents in the back seat cause kids.

260/612

Old May 27th 05, 06:12 AM
Scott Peterson

"Doug \"Woody\" and Erin Beal" wrote:

Weak.

Care to point to a specific line item?

--Woody

No. I was being facetious, but you're asking me to prove a negative.
I said there wasn't one and now you're asking me to point to the line
item where it isn't.

See the fallacy.

The point is that there are entries for other ships involved in
projects but not this one.

Hope this explains it a bit better.

Scott Peterson

--
If at first you don't succeed,
skydiving is not for you.

177/612
Old May 27th 05, 12:05 PM

On Thu, 26 May 2005 22:12:47 -0700, Scott Peterson
wrote:

"Doug \"Woody\" and Erin Beal" wrote:

Weak.

Care to point to a specific line item?

--Woody

No. I was being facetious, but you're asking me to prove a negative.
I said there wasn't one and now you're asking me to point to the line
item where it isn't.

See the fallacy.

The point is that there are entries for other ships involved in
projects but not this one.

Hope this explains it a bit better.

If you are concerned about the EIS for this project why don't you go
and find it? They are filed with EPA, no? Contact them and get a
copy. That should put your concerns to rest.

Bill Kambic