Aircraft Museum in Denmark Den Danske Flysamling-Stauning-P5310.nzb (1/1)

Old June 12th 07, 05:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Default Aircraft Museum in Denmark Den Danske Flysamling-Stauning-P5310.nzb (1/1)

"Woody" wrote in
:

I agree Andrew. These idiots that feel everyone should hold them as
king of the newsgroup should get a life. I prefer Outlook Express.
Whenever I run into the YENC idiots I just put them in the KILL file
and forget about their bad photography..

Hey Woody
I am no fan of the guys who think they know it all and have to rub
everyone else's nose in it. But when you can get some freeware that
enhances and simplifies the usenet why not use it And if the pics are crap
just delete them.
"It is better to light a single candle, than to curse the darkness"

Try a newreader like xnews you might actually like it If you don't just
uninstall it!
Old June 12th 07, 07:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

The video capabilities with no disrespect intended don't do a thing for
me... I am a photographer so the basic CS3 should be more than sufficient.
I should also mention that I am going to be buying the CS3 upgrade for the
PC and the full version for the Mac. Aperture will of course only be for
the Mac. After these are done I have every intention of buying a new PC (in
the fall) and a new G5 (around Christmas or next year).

Andrew

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Andrew-S" I-Still-Hate-Spammers@Sorry-I had-to-leave-for-bit.com
wrote in :

Shiver,
You are absolutely correct however though I do have a Mac as well. I
have never tried to access the Newsgroups on my Mac. Funnily enough
these days it seems as if I have to buy every software package twice.
One for my two PCs (Laptop and desktop) and one for the Mac. My next
two purchases are actually going to be for the Mac; CS3 and
Aperture..

Andrew

Which version of CS3 are you getting I will be getting the video
production package upgradeas soon as it is available my self. but here
again why not get xnews for you PC It's free and easier to use than MS OE

Old June 12th 07, 07:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

Because it means having to learn a new system and incorporate that into the
daily routines...
Don't get me wrong I have in the past played with Xnews and a few others...
Yes they work great but I am not a serious NG player anymore. Perhaps if MS
or one of the big software guys releases something that is in the under $50
range I may consider it. But I don't like to tinker much these days, and
prefer to go with what's reliable and simple.

Andrew

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Andrew-S" I-Still-Hate-Spammers@Sorry-I had-to-leave-for-bit.com
wrote in :

Why not share the images with those of us who prefer the much maligned
but effective MS Outlook Express? There are dozens of readers and
E-mail programs out there. Yes the other programs may have greater
capabilities and are many times more powerful, however for the very
casual user of the newsgroups MS OE is more than adequate. Speaking
for myself, over and over again I still prefer OE. I strongly suspect
that the vast majority of PC users, have a similar opinion, whether
they admit it or not...

Andrew

"Clairbear" wrote in message
shiver wrote in news:110620071458125094%
:

Guybrush Threepwood wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NZB

Thank you.... Seek and ye shall find, ask and it shall be delivered.

But just out of simple curiousity.... what's wrong with just a plain
old simple JPG that everyone in the world is familiar with and has
worked faithfully for all these years.

I mean a million or more postings to this group can't be wrong.

Why not get a newsreader like xnews which Yenc friendly
the it won't matter how they post

Why limit yourself by using MS OE when you can get a great newreader for
free? It's kind of like eating dry toast when jam and butter are available
at no extra cost. I suppose you would rather find new sites by trial and
error rather than using a good search engine like google

Old June 12th 07, 09:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul Elliot

Woody wrote:
I agree Andrew. These idiots that feel everyone should hold them as king of
the newsgroup should get a life. I prefer Outlook Express. Whenever I run
into the YENC idiots I just put them in the KILL file and forget about their
bad photography..

"Andrew-S" I-Still-Hate-Spammers@Sorry-I had-to-leave-for-bit.com wrote in
message ...

Guybrush Threepwood wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NZB

Thank you.... Seek and ye shall find, ask and it shall be delivered.

But just out of simple curiousity.... what's wrong with just a plain
old simple JPG that everyone in the world is familiar with and has
worked faithfully for all these years.

I mean a million or more postings to this group can't be wrong.

Why not get a newsreader like xnews which Yenc friendly
the it won't matter how they post

The big issue that I have with Yenc is the very high error rate and
corruption of images.

--
Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics
German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics
French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by Italians.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/paul1cart/albums/
Old June 12th 07, 09:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay

wrote in :

Why not get a newsreader like xnews

Because it won't work on a MACINTOSH.

I've been playing with Apples new "Safari" browser for Windows
to-day. while it appears to NOT have USENET newsgroups support
I did look to see that there are several USENET readers available
for MAC products..

appears to be 18 reported..among them..

Cocoa NewsPost by FOR neXtSoft
Cocoa Newspost is an all in one auto poster. You want an easy to use
application with industrial strength? Cocoa Newpost has all the tools...

Diiva by Diiva
Graphical Usenet newsgroup browser designed to facilitate viewing
newsgroup graphics...

DNEWS is a server for providing fast access to USENET news groups and/or
local discussion forums; suitable for large and small ISP's and
Corporate...

Old June 12th 07, 09:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

I wouldn't go so far as to describe it as bad photography anything else...
It's just different levels of comfort that people have.
In the past I have played with many of the titles they talk about and I will
give them full credit for their capabilities. However in a public NG that is
hopefully intended to be open to everyone, I don't see why they insist that
their way is the ONLY way. If it was closed NG with moderation then I have
no problem with Yenc or any other type of protocol. The premise being that
if you want to play in that closed NG then you play by their rules or not at
all. However in an open newsgroup the dynamics are a bit different. I know
that when I post an image I want as many people as possible to see it. So
why would you eliminate a huge portion of your viewing public. It's the
same as me handing a client a CD of images that I took for them; but rather
than using JPG I handed them in PSD or raw format. Then when the client
complains I turn around and suggest a new viewer. Not a smart combo
especially when I could have just used JPG instead, and saved both of us the
headache.

Andrew

"Woody" wrote in message
. ..
I agree Andrew. These idiots that feel everyone should hold them as king of
the newsgroup should get a life. I prefer Outlook Express. Whenever I run
into the YENC idiots I just put them in the KILL file and forget about
their bad photography..

"Andrew-S" I-Still-Hate-Spammers@Sorry-I had-to-leave-for-bit.com wrote
in message ...

Old June 12th 07, 10:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

Andrew-S I-Still-Hate-Spammers@Sorry-I wrote:

when I post an image I want as many people as possible to see it.

Well Andrew it's very good to see you back.

I thought you had gone forever.

Your comments above are hitting the nail squarly on the head.

I'm amazed in some of the other groups where the posters insists that
you march to their drum or else.

In my case ( with my Macintosh ) I use an old operating system and
older software.

All of these new Mac browsers and newsreaders will not work with my
system.

I know I'm behind the times but there you go.

I ask politely if they could post in a normal fashion but if they say
no then since I will never ever get to see their shots I just put the
poster in the kill filter and be done with it.

After all if they don't me and a few others to see their pictures and
admire and appreciate their efforts then that's okay with me.

I can't miss what I can't see.

Anyways.... Good to see your back.
Old June 13th 07, 12:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

shiver wrote:

snip

In my case ( with my Macintosh ) I use an old operating system and
older software.

All of these new Mac browsers and newsreaders will not work with my
system.

I know I'm behind the times but there you go.

I ask politely if they could post in a normal fashion but if they say
no then since I will never ever get to see their shots I just put the
poster in the kill filter and be done with it.

After all if they don't me and a few others to see their pictures and
admire and appreciate their efforts then that's okay with me.

I can't miss what I can't see.

Anyways.... Good to see your back.

I was a holdout using OS 9 until succumbing around the first of the year
with Panther on my G4.

Now that I look back, I wish I would have switched a couple of years ago...

JT

Old June 13th 07, 01:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

Shiver,
To be honest I never really left, although a few months ago a tale went out
about my apparent death. Happily apart from 30lbs too much around the
middle, I am reasonable okay.... However my shooting and posting situation
has changed rather dramaticaly. These days though I still work in pro photo
retail, I work on the side in a volounteer capacity with several police
department's aviation sections, additionaly my tax information is on file
with several airlines. I actaully have 3 major shoots scheduled at the end
of the month and early into July. Of course when this happens I go into
hyper time frenzy mode. As in everybody wants the shots, and everybody
wants it now all the while my manager in my real job is looking darkly at me
and hell even the cats are trying to avoid me.

Attached is an example from last year...

I was in the back taking the pictures of course.

Andrew

"shiver" wrote in message
[...]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version