few days at minden

Old February 3rd 10, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rocha

Default few days at minden

Hi all.

I'm a glider pilot in the french northern alps and will be traveling
to Incline Village, NV in the week 3-7 May.

Google maps was nice enough to show me how close this is to Minden,
and after several nice articles and reports of great flights in this
region, i don't want to miss the chance to fly there.

I would have maybe 3 flying days there, looking for some good flights.
Do you have suggestions on who to contact, procedures, etc? I've seen
there are multiple options (soaring nv, soarminden, minden soaring).

Thanks you very much in advance.

Ricardo

Old February 4th 10, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_2_]

On Feb 3, 7:54*am, rocha wrote:
Hi all.

I'm a glider pilot in the french northern alps and will be traveling
to Incline Village, NV in the week 3-7 May.

Google maps was nice enough to show me how close this is to Minden,
and after several nice articles and reports of great flights in this
region, i don't want to miss the chance to fly there.

I would have maybe 3 flying days there, looking for some good flights.
Do you have suggestions on who to contact, procedures, etc? I've seen
there are multiple options (soaring nv, soarminden, minden soaring).

Thanks you very much in advance.

Ricardo

Ricardo,

I'm fortunate to have my glider based at Minden, so am familiar with
the options. I suggest calling Fred LaSor at "SoaringNV". Phone number
is 775 782-9595. Good people, great equipment (newer gliders like 2
Duo Discus etc and all well equipped - - transponders, Spot, etc).

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in SoaringNV, but do hang out
there sometimes! Looking forward to meeting you.

bumper
Minden, NV
zz
Quiet Vent and MKIV "high tech" yawstring - - much nicer than tape and
yarn.
Old February 4th 10, 05:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Feb 3, 5:54*am, rocha wrote:
Hi all.

I'm a glider pilot in the french northern alps and will be traveling
to Incline Village, NV in the week 3-7 May.

Google maps was nice enough to show me how close this is to Minden,
and after several nice articles and reports of great flights in this
region, i don't want to miss the chance to fly there.

I would have maybe 3 flying days there, looking for some good flights.
Do you have suggestions on who to contact, procedures, etc? I've seen
there are multiple options (soaring nv, soarminden, minden soaring).

Thanks you very much in advance.

Ricardo

Look me up for a beer at least I live in Incline.

Cheers

Al
Old February 4th 10, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rocha

Thank you very much to all who have given me input (via the group or
private emails).

Few months and i'll be enjoying your Nevada cumulus (and beer :-)).

Thanks again,
Ricardo

Old February 5th 10, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
michael

On Feb 3, 5:54*am, rocha wrote:
Hi all.

I'm a glider pilot in the french northern alps and will be traveling
to Incline Village, NV in the week 3-7 May.

Google maps was nice enough to show me how close this is to Minden,
and after several nice articles and reports of great flights in this
region, i don't want to miss the chance to fly there.

I would have maybe 3 flying days there, looking for some good flights.
Do you have suggestions on who to contact, procedures, etc? I've seen
there are multiple options (soaring nv, soarminden, minden soaring).

Thanks you very much in advance.

Ricardo

Bonjour, Ricardo.
There are 2 commercial glider operations at Minden.

http://www.soaringnv.com/
http://www.soarminden.com/

Both operations would be happy to help you with anything that you
need. You
can find airport procedures and other information on their websites.
Soaring NV has a newer fleet of gliders and is well equipped to
support
visiting pilots who want to fly cross country. If you need
transportation
to and from Incline, I live there and will be driving to Minden daily
(depending on weather) to fly my glider. You can get my email address
from
either commercial operation.

Michael Mitton (“MM”)
Old February 5th 10, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

see my website want-ads
shares good for everything at Soar Minden
02-04-10
have $4,773.00 and is good until 10 February 2015. I would like to sell it
for $2,000.00.
Ray Kleber

tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at
www.wingsandwheels.com

database 4838 (20100205) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4838 (20100205) __________

http://www.eset.com

Minden - help! bumper Soaring 12 December 8th 07 06:45 AM
Planning a Minden Vacation?-Rating? Soar Minden Block Time FS SAVE SOME MONEY! [email protected] Soaring 1 January 27th 06 07:16 PM
Minden? Gary Emerson Soaring 1 September 29th 05 12:20 AM
Do you use Minden? Al Soaring 0 January 24th 04 06:13 AM
Minden needs you ... Al MacDonald Soaring 1 January 19th 04 05:17 PM